This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 12. Here are some notes on quarterbacks and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- On the season, Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel has thrown 18 touchdowns and only four interceptions. In his last six games, he's been even better: 14 touchdowns and only one interception. He's not racking up yards, however, as he's thrown for 216 yards or less in eight of his 10 games.
- Cowboys quarterback Jon Kitna has thrown six touchdowns and only one interception in his past two games. In his previous two games he threw only two touchdowns and six interceptions. This week the Cowboys face the Saints, who have allowed the third fewest fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
- In his past three games, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has thrown for 950 yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions.
- For seven consecutive games, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer has thrown two-plus touchdowns. During that span, receiver Terrell Owens has caught eight of the 15 touchdowns Palmer has thrown. Owens will be defended by Darrelle Revis, who has shut down Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson in two of the past three weeks.
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees has thrown two-plus touchdowns in six straight games. In his past four games, Brees has thrown 43-plus passes in each game and has thrown for more than 300 yards in three of those four games.
- Detroit quarterback Shaun Hill, who was on our free-agent pickup list, has thrown for 612 yards and three touchdowns in the past two games. In them Hill has thrown 95 pass attempts. This Patriots have allowed the third-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has thrown for 662 yards, six touchdowns and only one interception in his past two games.
- Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck has thrown for 300-plus yards in both of his past two games. Despite throwing for 699 yards, he's only thrown two touchdowns during them.
- The Bears have yet to allow a quarterback to throw more than one touchdown in a game this season. On the other hand, they have five multiple interception games. This week they face Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick, who has yet to throw an interception and has three multi-touchdown performances in the five games he started and finished.
Here are the top ten fantasy quarterbacks for Week 12:
1. Philip Rivers, Chargers (at IND)
2. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (at ATL)
3. Drew Brees, Saints (at DAL)
4. Michael Vick, Eagles (at CHI)
5. Peyton Manning, Colts (vs SD)
6. Tom Brady, Patriots (at DET)
7. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (at BUF)
8. Kyle Orton, Broncos (vs STL)
9. Joe Flacco, Ravens (vs TB)
10. Mark Sanchez, Jets (vs CIN)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 12.
Good luck in your Week 12 matchup(s) and in our Week 12 contest.