Yesterday we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 11. Here are some notes on quarterbacks and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- Before Monday night's matchup between the Redskins and Eagles, no quarterback in NFL history had 300-plus passing and 50-plus rushing yards with four passing and two rushing touchdowns. Now there has been one, and it wasn't the guy who signed a contract extension for $40 million, $3.75 million guaranteed. Eagles quarterback Michael Vick now has 15 touchdowns (11 passing and four rushing) and no interceptions on the season.
- For six consecutive weeks, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer has thrown two-plus touchdowns. During that span, Palmer has 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions. This week, the Bengals face the Bills, who have allowed 18 passing touchdowns while intercepting only two passes this season.
- During his past five games, Giants quarterback Eli Manning has thrown a total of 14 touchdowns and seven interceptions. During that same stretch, brother Peyton has had two no-touchdown games and has only thrown a total of five touchdowns.
- The Saints, who host the Seahawks (Matt Hasselbeck) this week, have held opposing quarterbacks to under 200 yards passing in five of their past six games. During that span, they have allowed only two passing touchdowns.
- The only week that the Houston Texans—who have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks—did not allow multiple passing touchdowns was in Week 2. That week, they allowed Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb to pass for 426 yards. This week, the Texans will try to slow down Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez who has put up back-to-back 20-point fantasy performances.
- With the exception of Week 5 (at Detroit), the Rams have held opposing quarterbacks to one or no passing touchdowns every week this season.
- Counting last year's playoff loss to the Jets, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has thrown a touchdown in 23 consecutive games. This season he's thrown two-plus touchdowns in seven of nine games and has yet to throw for less than 241 yards. It's scary to think what he may do when he has Vincent Jackson back and a healthy receiving corps down the stretch.
- Speaking of Rivers, he is the featured quarterback in our free fantasy football contest for Week 11.
- In eight career regular-season games against the Colts, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has thrown for 2,037 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
Here are my top 10 fantasy quarterbacks for Week 11:
1. Michael Vick, Eagles (vs. NYG)
2. Philip Rivers, Chargers (vs. DEN)
3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (at MIN)
4. Peyton Manning, Colts (at NE)
5. Drew Brees, Saints (vs. SEA)
6. Eli Manning, Giants (at PHI)
7. Tom Brady, Patriots (vs. IND)
8. Kyle Orton, Broncos (at SD)
9. Joe Flacco, Ravens (at CAR)
10. Matt Ryan, Falcons (at STL)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 11.
Good luck in your Week 11 matchup(s) and in our Week 11 contest.