Yesterday we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 11. Here are some notes on running backs and run defenses heading into this week's games:
- Texans running back Arian Foster has scored double-digit fantasy points every week except Week 5 (vs. Giants). Foster, who leads the NFL in rushing (920 yards), has scored six touchdowns in his past four games.
- Raiders running back Darren McFadden has 999 yards from scrimmage (757 rushing yards and 242 receiving yards). McFadden currently leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage per game (142.7).
- Heading into 2010, Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew scored 54 touchdowns (49 rushing and five receiving) in his 63 games. In Week 10, MJD scored his second and third rushing touchdown of the season. It will be difficult for him to repeat that performance this week against the Browns, who have allowed a league-low two rushing touchdowns this season.
- It was just another Sunday in the life of Jahvid Best and his fantasy owners. Against the league's worst-ranked run defense, Best carried the ball 17 times for only 35 yards. It's now been seven consecutive games without a touchdown or 100 yards from scrimmage.
- Cincinnati's Cedric Benson had another dud performance by rushing for 24 yards on 14 carries against the Colts this week. In six of his nine games, Benson has been held to single-digit fantasy points based on standard scoring.
- Denver's Knowshon Moreno had his best game of the season in Week 10. Not only did he rush for 106 yards on 22 carries, he caught three passes for 50 yards and a touchdown.
- Speaking of Knowshon, he is the featured running back in our free fantasy football contest for Week 11.
- Over the past three games, Seattle's Justin Forsett has a total of 136 yards from scrimmage compared to Marshawn Lynch's 117. In addition, Forsett is averaging 4.93 yards per carry to Lynch's 2.55.
Here are my top 10 fantasy running backs for Week 11:
1. Frank Gore, 49ers (vs. TB)
2. Chris Johnson, Titans (vs. WAS)
3. Adrian Peterson, Vikings (vs. GB)
4. Peyton Hillis, Browns (at JAC)
5. Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers (vs. OAK)
6. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs (vs. ARI)
7. Ahmad Bradshaw, Giants (at PHI)
8. Arian Foster, Texans (at NYJ)
9. Ray Rice, Ravens (at CAR)
10. Michael Turner, Falcons (at STL)
See our full top 40 running back rankings for Week 11.
Good luck in your Week 11 matchup(s) and in our Week 11 contest.