Earlier today, we released our Week 10 fantasy rankings. Here are some notes about wide receivers and pass defenses as we head into this week's games:
- Bengals receiver Terrell Owens has scored in five consecutive weeks. During that span, he has three 100-yard games including a 200-yard game. Also in that span, T.O. has 41 receptions for 618 yards and seven touchdowns. Owens leads the NFL with 100 targets.
- Meanwhile, Chad Ochocinco, the "Robin" to T.O.'s "Batman", has had five or fewer fantasy points in six of his past seven games. After Monday Night's loss, he tweeted: "Frustrated as hell, to show no emotion would mean i didn't care,losing is becoming routine n 2 b comfortable with that makes me a loser #2-6." Ochocinco ranks ninth in the NFL in targets (75).
- Rams receiver Danny Amendola has had three-plus receptions in every game this season and has scored in each of his past two games. That's the good news. The bad news is he's had fewer than 30 yards for three consecutive weeks.
- Buccaneers receiver Mike Williams has had 82-plus receiving yards in four of his past five games. During that span, he has had four-plus receptions every week and scored a total of three touchdowns.
- Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe has scored in each of his past four games and has a total of six scores during that span. This week, the Chiefs face the Broncos, who are tied for allowing the sixth-fewest amount of fantasy points to opposing receivers this season.
- Although he scored a touchdown last week, Steelers receiver Hines Ward has had three receptions and 15 yards (or fewer) in each of his past two games.
- Giants receiver Steve Smith left today's practice with a pectoral injury and his status for Sunday is unknown. If he plays, he would be a top 15 receiver this week.
- In his past four games, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has 21 receptions for 255 yards and four touchdowns. During that same span, Miles Austin hasn't scored a touchdown and has 38 yards or fewer in three of those four games.
- In his past four games, Detroit's Nate Burleson has 24 receptions for 266 yards and three touchdowns. In the past three games, he has had six or more receptions in each game.
- Redskins receiver Santana Moss has five-plus receptions, and 56-plus yards in every game except one (at Philadelphia) this year. This week's opponent? The Eagles. In their first matchup, Moss was held without a reception.
Here are the top 10 wide receivers for Week 10:
- Andre Johnson, Texans (at JAC)
- Reggie Wayne, Colts (vs. CIN)
- Hakeem Nicks, Giants (vs. DAL)
- Terrell Owens, Bengals (at IND)
- Roddy White, Falcons (vs. BAL)
- Calvin Johnson, Lions (at BUF)
- Brandon Lloyd, Broncos (vs. KC)
- Anquan Boldin, Ravens (at ATL)
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (vs. SEA)
- DeSean Jackson, Eagles (at WAS)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 10.
Good luck in your Week 10 matchup(s) and in our Week 10 contest.