Fantasy Football: Week 10 Quarterback (QB) Rankings
Earlier today, we released our Week 10 fantasy rankings. Here are some notes about quarterbacks and pass defenses as we head into this week's games:
- In his past four games, Giants quarterback Eli Manning has thrown 12 touchdowns including a four-touchdown performance against the Cowboys in Week 7. This week, the Giants host the Cowboys, who have allowed three-plus passing touchdowns in three consecutive games. With Wade Phillips being fired, Paul Pasqualoni takes over the Cowboys defense, which has allowed 35.8 points during their five-game losing streak.
- Texans quarterback Matt Schaub led the NFL in passing in 2009. Things have been much different in 2010 as Schaub ranks eighth in the league in yardage (2,006) and is tied for 16th in passing touchdowns (10). In his past two games, Schaub has thrown only one touchdown and two interceptions, but he faces the Jaguars, who have allowed the second-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
- Jacksonville's David Garrard is coming off a five-touchdown (four passing, one rushing) performance against the Cowboys. During his past four games, Garrard has thrown nine touchdowns, rushed for two more and has thrown only two interceptions. Fortunately for Garrard, he gets another favorable matchup against the Texans, who have allowed the most passing yards and passing touchdowns in the NFL this season.
- As bad as Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer may look on the field, he has thrown a multi-touchdown game for five consecutive games.
- During the past five games, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has thrown for more than 240 yards only once and more than one touchdown only once. Although he isn't expected to miss this week's game against the Steelers, Brady missed Wednesday's practice due to a sprained foot and faces a stingy Steelers defense.
- Last week, Vikings quarterback Brett Favre threw for a career-high 446 yards against the Cardinals. In fact, it was only his second career 400-yard game. Before last week, Favre's best game this season was against the Jets in Week 5 (264 yards).
- The Lions will be without quarterback Matthew Stafford this week and probably the season. Shaun Hill, who is recovering from a broken forearm, will start in Stafford's place. In the four-game span before Hill broke his arm, he averaged 282.5 yards per game and threw eight touchdowns. He had 20-plus fantasy points in three of those four games.
Here are the top 10 quarterbacks for Week 10:
- Peyton Manning, Colts (vs CIN)
- Michael Vick, Eagles (at WAS)
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (vs NE)
- Eli Manning, Giants (vs DAL)
- Matt Schaub, Texans (at JAC)
- Kyle Orton, Broncos (vs KC)
- David Garrard, Jaguars (vs HOU)
- Joe Flacco, Ravens (at ATL)
- Matt Ryan, Falcons (vs BAL)
- Carson Palmer, Bengals (at IND)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 10.
Good luck in your Week 10 matchup(s) and in our Week 10 contest.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?