Fantasy Football: Week 9 Wide Receiver (WR) Rankings
Yesterday we updated our fantasy rankings and here are some notes on wide receivers and passing defenses heading into Week 9:
- Scoring for a fourth game in a row, Bengals receiver Terrell Owens has 31 receptions for 477 yards and five touchdowns during that span.
- Packers receiver Greg Jennings has caught a touchdown in five of eight games. Over the past three weeks, Jennings has 18 receptions for 288 yards and two touchdowns. This week, Donald Driver has said he won't play and the Cowboys secondary—well, it seems like they are not playing. The Cowboys have allowed receivers to catch 34 passes for 465 yards and six touchdowns in the past two games.
- Jaguars receiver Mike Sims-Walker set a career high with 158 receiving yards in their win over the Cowboys. Over the past four games, MSW has scored in three of them.
- The Jaguars are one of six teams on a bye in Week 9. Other receivers on bye this week include Kenny Britt (Tennessee), Michael Crabtree (San Francisco), Santana Moss (Washington), Danny Amendola (St. Louis) and Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney and Eddie Royal (Denver). However, Britt could miss up to eight weeks due to his hamstring injury.
- Titans receiver Randy Moss (or former Patriots receiver and former Vikings receiver) has gone 16 consecutive games (counting last year's playoff loss to the Ravens) without reaching 100 receiving yards. Now that he is a Titan, however, Moss has four games against the Jaguars, Texans and Redskins—the three teams that have allowed the most fantasy points to receivers—from Weeks 10 to 16.
- After catching five touchdowns in three games, Cowboys receiver Roy Williams has one reception for 21 yards and no touchdowns in the past two games. Still think Kitna is "just as good" as Romo, Roy?
- In his past four games, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson has 24 receptions for 387 yards and seven touchdowns.
- Saints receiver Marques Colston has scored his only two touchdowns this season in each of the past two weeks. He has caught 16 passes for 187 yards during that span.
- In his three games since returning from suspension, Jets receiver Santonio Holmes has yet to reach 50-plus yards of receiving in any game.
- Since Week 1, Patriots receiver Wes Welker has not reached double-digit fantasy points in leagues that use standard scoring. Since Week 2, Welker hasn't scored a touchdown.
- Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe has scored five touchdowns in the past three weeks. Fortunately for Bowe owners, Raiders shutdown corner Nnamdi Asomugha is listed as "doubtful" for this weekend's game.
Here are the top 10 fantasy wide receivers for Week 9:
1. Roddy White, Falcons (vs. TB)
2. Andre Johnson, Texans (vs. SD)
3. Reggie Wayne, Colts (at PHI)
4. Calvin Johnson, Lions (vs. NYJ)
5. Greg Jennings, Packers (vs. DAL)
6. Hakeem Nicks, Giants (at SEA)
7. Brandon Marshall, Dolphins (at BAL)
8. Miles Austin, Cowboys (at GB)
9. Anquan Boldin, Ravens (vs. MIA)
10. Pierre Garcon, Colts (at PHI)
See our full top 50 wide receiver rankings for Week 9.
Good luck in your Week 9 matchup(s) and in our Week 9 contest.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?