12. Chicago Bears (4-2) The Bears have got themselves in good position thanks to a 4-1 start. However, the wheels look like they're about to come off. Jay Cutler is going to end up on the I.R. if they don't fix their offense. My suggestion, run the ball. Matt Forte is a very talented back. Run the ball 30 times a game at least. The Bears rank just 26th in league in run offense and if that doesn't improve this team will have a very horrible 2nd half.
Next game vs Washington
11. Atlanta Falcons(4-2) Contenders or pretenders? That's what we're gonna find out very fast about the Falcons. They beat the Saints but got blown out by the Eagles. Their pass defense ranks just 25th in the league. Matt Ryan needs to play at a higher level if he wants to be considered an elite quarterback. The Falcons need to run the ball more to take pressure off of their defense and quarterback. Michael Turner is one of the better back in the league.
Next game vs Cincinnati
10. Houston Texans (4-2) The Texans are the only team in the top 12 that has been outscored on the year. The also feature the very worse pass defense in the league. That being said, they're very talented and are starting to learn to find ways to win games. If they continue to be able to have a very good and balanced offense, and if their defense can be average, this team might end up being a contender. That's a lot of if's though.
9. Tennessee Titans (4-2) The Titans are having problems throwing the ball (29th in the league) and defending the pass (23rd) in the league. That being said, Chris Johnson is arguably the best player (non-qb) in the league and they should just ride him to the playoffs. Their no-name defense is very good against the run and continue to put teams in 3rd in long situations. Vince Young got hurt against the Jaguars but Kerry Collins is one of the better backups in the league and is very capable of taking this team to the playoffs.
Next game vs Philadelphia
8. Philadelphia Eagles (4-2) What a great problem the Eagles have. Michael Vick or Kevin Kolb? Does it matter? Both quarterbacks are very capable of taking this team to the playoffs this year. The Eagles have also surprised people by having the 8th best rushing attack in the league, partly due to Vick. The schedule is tough but if the Eagles can continue to make big plays, they should at least get a wild-card. DeSean Jackson's health is a big concern.
Next game at Tennessee
7. Indianapolis Colts (4-2) Peyton Manning is having a monster year, and the Colts played well by winning a big road game against the Redskins. That being said, losing in Jacksonville is not impressive and it's going to be tough to win 12 games for the 7th straight year. The Colts are also very vulnerable on the run again this year, which does not bold well against teams like the Texans, Jets, and Titans. However, with Peyton Manning at the helm, the Colts are always serious contenders.
6. New York Giants (4-2) The Giants 28-20 win over the Detroit Lions was not impressive enough to put them in the top 5. That being said, I'm really impressed by them for turning which seemed to be a disaster of a season around this year. The Giants are in the top 10 in passing offense, rushing offense, passing defense, and rushing defense. That's impressive. The schedule gets tougher very soon, including a Monday night game in Dallas. However, I think the Giants are the team to be in the AFC East.
Next game at Dallas