After another day off, the Yankees and Rangers go back at it with one of the winningest playoff pitchers of all-time in Andy Pettitte going up against one of the hottest playoff pitchers today in Cliff Lee.
Here are some notes:
• Yankees GM Brian Cashman said there is “no wiggle room” in reguards to changing the rotation up, even if they lose tonight.
• That means A.J. Burnett is starting tomorrow no matter what. At least for now.
• Yankees manager Joe Girardi is not concerned with the resin build-up on Lee’s hat.
• With Lee on the mound tonight, expect Marcus Thames to get the start at DH.
I really hope the Yankees reconsider their position on starting Burnett in Game Four if they lose tonight. I do think that Burnett should start a game, but I’d rather it be Game Four than Game Five. If C.C. Sabathia goes in Game Four, he can also pitch in Game Seven if necessary which would line him up to start the final game of the series against Lee.
- Oct. 14, 2010—Sabathia, Lee, Burnett, Pettitte, Hughes?
- Oct. 13, 2010—Yankees News: Burnett, Swisher, and Thames
- Aug. 10, 2010—Pregame Notes: Cano, Granderson, Posada, Teixeira
- June 6, 2010—Yankees Notes: Holding onto Rivera, Thames, Winn, and the Draft