I did not plan on writing more about the UFC this week, but after reading an article over at IndyStar.com which mentioned the amount of tickets—under 2,000—still available for this event, I wanted to take a further look at ticket availability.
It turns out that even as the event approaches, ticket sales are low, leaving many tickets available and some great deals on the secondary market, which is currently the cheapest option right now.
Before I dig in to the results, I wanted to list the original face value ticket prices for UFC 119—I have crossed out sections that are no longer available on the primary market.
UFC 119 Ticket Prices (Primary Market Face Value)
|Upper Level (center)||$84.05|
|Lower/Club Level 2||$143.35|
|Lower Level (center)||$326.60|
- $52.50 ($40 face) - Upper Level tickets are no longer available on Ticketmaster.com
- $80.45 ($70 face) - are still available in the Upper Level at many quantity types (i.e. Section 206)
- $105 ($90 face) - are still available in section 227
- $143.35 ($125 face) - No tickets available at quantity one or two, potentially soldout at this section
- $222.80 ($200 face) - Krief Devault club level available (i.e. Section 116 row 6)
- $326.60 ($300 face) - Lower Level prime sections are still available (i.e. Section 6)
- Floor seats are likely soldout on the primary market - in standard UFC fashion many of these were probably given away to key company members, celebrities, etc.
After looking at the limited availability of cheap tickets on the primary market (i.e. Ticketmaster.com), I decided look into how tickets were trading on the secondary market (sites such as StubHub, TicketsNow, Vivid Seats, etc.) Source: Ticketmaster.com and SeatGeek.com
- As you can see, the cheapest way to get to see UFC 119 live is actually through the secondary ticket market
- The cheapest ticket on the secondary market is actually about 80% the cost of the cheapest primary market ticket
- Access the cheapest tickets here on SeatGeek - note that there only 6 tickets left at this price
I will be very curious to see how sales shake out for this event and if they somehow manage to push the last 2,000 available tickets.