1. (E) New Orleans Saints (2-0) — While the Saints won, they are flirting with defeat. A last-second field goal is not always something to be happy about. They should have won more convincingly. Their running game needs improvement.
2. (+3) Green Bay Packers (2-0) — With the running game being renovated after Grant went down for the season, Rodgers stepped up on offense and Matthews dominated on defense. Hopefully, the running game won’t become an issue down the road.
3. (E) Houston Texans (2-0) — Not to be outdone by Foster last week, Schaub put up an impressive passing game. Tossing for almost 500 yards is always a good look. They have a desperate Dallas team next week.
4. (+3) Indianapolis Colts (1-1) — The Colts easily handled a supposedly solid Giants team. Peyton looked great and so did the rushing attack. I couldn’t imagine the Colts falling to 0-2, I guess they couldn’t either.
5. (+6) Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) — The Bengals beat a very solid Ravens squad, and they did it without even scoring a touchdown. While this does show they have a reliable kicker, they also need to find a way to finish drives with TDs.
6. (+8) New York Jets (1-1) — Impressive win. Sanchez actually played like a professional QB, Keller had a great game, and Revis closed a sale to Moss on Revis Island. This team needs to show me more consistency game-to-game. Also, Tomlinson should start… I’m just saying.
7. (-1) Baltimore Ravens (1-1) — Defense played great and the offense played okay. As I’ve said all along, the Ravens need to find that consistency on the offensive side, and then they will be a really scary team to face.
8. (-6) New England Patriots (1-1) — It appears that in the Jets-Pats rivalry, the Jets may finally have the upper hand. Brady played decent, but if this team wants to stay competitive, they need to find a real RB.
9. (+3) Miami Dolphins (2-0) — Another solid game against a good team in the Vikings. Henne still needs to improve his play and get it to the next level if he wants to bring the team with him.
10. (+6) Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) — Pretty soon this team will just run without a QB. Big Ben is still out, Dixon is now hurt, Leftwich was cut, so that leaves Batch. Regardless of that, they are 2-0. Let’s see if he can perform against the (also surprisingly 2-0) Bucs next week.
To see the rest of the power rankings, please visit this link.