NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Knights Up 2-0 on Avs 😨

Bergenheim, Tambellini Re-signed by New York; Contract Updates on RFA's

NYI Fan CentralJul 15, 2008

http://newyorkislanderfancentral.blogspot.com/

Several other blog updates today including one on where Islanders' Owner Charles Wang deserves his share of blame along with more media fallout and updates from the Islanders' prospect camp.

Thursday's Live Blog has been cancelled because of unforeseen circumstances, but we will have another one in the future.

TOP NEWS

Canada v Norway - 2026 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Switzerland

Updated Hockey World Championship 2026 Results

Canada v Slovenia - 2026 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Switzerland

Updated Hockey World Championship

Dallas Stars v Buffalo Sabres

Could Nemec Get an Offer Sheet? 🤔

Newsday: Greg Logan reported in the Islanders' Newsday blog that forward Jeff Tambellini agreed today on a two-year deal worth $1.175 million.

Mr. Logan reports Tambellini, who made a salary of $882,000 last season, including bonus money, actually took less than his qualifying offer of $660,000 for the chance to prove he belongs in the NHL in exchange for a one way contract where he will make $550,000 next season and $625,000 in 2009-10.

In addition:
Ben Walter and Jeremy Colliton both accepted the two-way qualifying offers yesterday before the 5 p.m. deadline.

Frans Nielsen and defenseman Bruno Gervais declined their qualifying offers, but are continuing negotiations.

Sean Bergenheim is still headed for arbitration, but his GM said he is making progress with his new agent, Allan Walsh, which could avert a hearing.

NYI Fan Central Comments:
Gervais' and Nielsen's situations get very interesting because neither have a roster spot guaranteed with Freddy Meyer under contract along with five other defenders.

We're almost to the day Campoli signed last summer.

Tambellini, on a one-way contract, now has to prove himself at this level or the club has a player to move if it does not work. Given our poll results, no one knows where to seem to play him.

Updated Wednesday AM:

Bergenheim resigned by New York

Newsday: Greg Logan reports in the Islanders' Newsday blog that Sean Bergenheim has avoided arbitration with the club signing a two-year deal worth $1.725 million. He will have one more season as a restricted free agent when the contract ends. Bergenheim will make $800,000 this season and $925,000 the following season. Garth Snow comments on the signing.

NYI Fan Central Comments:
Another good signing by the general manager. Obviously his former agents were a major problem in negotiations. Bergenheim gets another two years to improve his value and the club keeps his negotiating rights when the contract ends.

Knights Up 2-0 on Avs 😨

TOP NEWS

Canada v Norway - 2026 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Switzerland

Updated Hockey World Championship 2026 Results

Canada v Slovenia - 2026 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Switzerland

Updated Hockey World Championship

Dallas Stars v Buffalo Sabres

Could Nemec Get an Offer Sheet? 🤔

New NHL Mock Draft 📝

Philadelphia Flyers v Carolina Hurricanes - Game One

Playoff Winners and Losers So Far 🎭

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report8h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R