Top 10 Clubs in Europe-Pre Champions League Returns!/Please Comment! Edition
15. Sporting Braga (15)
14. Bordeaux (10)
13. Rangers (13)
12. Valencia (9)
11. Arsenal (12)
10. Montpellier- The side that was just promoted to the first division of France continues to do well, defeating Grenoble 1-0 over the weekend. Same as you were in the standings at the top, where Bordeaux are 3 points ahead of Montpellier. Coming Up: They face Saint Etienne in Ligue 1 action on Saturday.
9. Benfica (11)- Benfica eliminated Sporting Lisbon from the Portuguese League Cup with a score of 4-1. In the league, they kept pace with leaders Braga thanks to a 1-0 win. Coming up: Their only match this week is in the Europa League against Hertha Berlin.
8. Inter Milan (8)- Two Serie A games this week ended in draws, 1-1 with Parma and 0-0 away to Napoli. Their nine point lead at the top is now only 7. Coming up: They don't host Chelsea until next week in the Champions League, so they're off until the weekend Serie A game with Sampdoria.
7. Bayern Munich (7)- Bayern won in a huge German derby, 3-1 against Borussia Dortmund. Coming up: They host Fiorentina in the champions league on Tuesday. In the German Bundesliga, they host Nurnberg on the weekend.
6. Bayern Leverkusen (8)- Bayer are still top of the Bundesliga, but just by a goal difference of 1. They won 3-1 against Wolfsburg. Leverkusen host Werder Bremen in the league on Sunday.
5. Roma (6)- One of the most in-form teams in Europe right now, winning their last 8 matches. Recently defeated Palermo 4-1 and closed the gap a little on Inter. Coming up: They face Greek giants Panathinaikos in the Europa League and Thursday, and then return to Serie A action against Catania this Sunday.
3. Chelsea (2)- A loss to Everton mid week was followed up by a win over Cardiff in the FA Cup. Coming up: Chelsea go away to Wolverhampton on Saturday.
4. Manchester United (3)- Man U only had one game this week since they were knocked out of the FA Cup. They tied Aston Villa 1-1 and only gained a little ground on Chelsea. Coming up: Play Milan in the Champions League mid week and Everton in the Prem on Saturday.
2. Real Madrid (4)- Had a slow start against Xerez but then proceeded to win 1-0. Real have now won 4 in a row. Coming up: Go to Lyon in the Champions League Round of 16 first leg on Tuesday, and then they play Villareal in the league on Sunday.
1. Barcelona (1)- No longer unbeaten in La Liga, Barca was defeated 2-1 by Atletico Madrid on Sunday. Injury woes are now taking their toll which may allow Real into first place in La Liga. Coming up: Play Racing Santander in La Liga over the weekend.
Dropped from top 10: Valencia, Bordeaux
Added to top 10: Benfica, Montpellier
So according to the rankings, Man U, Real Madrid, and Bayern should all have no problems in their Champions League matches, while Arsenal may struggle but will still do well. (please remember this is according to the rankings, not my opinion of who will win)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!