Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images
With the holiday season right around the corner it seems to be an appropriate time to get some gift ideas for the MMA fan in your life. While large retail chains may have a slim selection of gift ideas relating to mixed martial arts the Internet has you covered. These gift ideas are listed in no particular order.
- MMA Board Games: There are a couple of MMA board games out on the market the first coming from Extreme Fight Games and is called simply "The Fight Game". This the 1st ever board game of it's kind and will give family game night a whole new meaning! If you can't get a hold of this there is an alternative from Fist Arts that appears to be the same basic idea.
- Round 5 Action Figures: Round 5has some action figures relating to the UFC and the rest of the MMAthat would leave you with the question, to open or not to open. There Ultimate Collector line is sold exclusively through Toys R Us stores. There other product is "World of MMA Champions " and is now in it's 4th series. Featuring many of the great fighters of today including Matt Serra, Cung Le and Gina Carano.
- JakksPacific Figures. An action figure with a cheaper price point (under $15) and an exclusive license from the UFC comes to us from Jakks Pacific. You can even purchase an octagon to go with them!
- UFC Trading Cards: Topps began producing UFCtrading cards and it was an instant hit. With autographed inserts as well as fight used materials, these cards are sure to be a great addition to any MMA collection.
- Octagon by Kevin Lynch: If your looking for a more pricey gift you might want to check out Octagon by Kevin Lynch. The collectors edition rings in at $2700, shipping is included thank god. The book weighs over 50 pounds and has a very limited print run of 600. Over 200 fighters are featured in the book. A great piece of MMA history.
There are a ton of other gifts out there, clothing, event tickets, fight posters and much more. If your fight fan gets a piece of the action there's sure to be happy holidays at your house.