Kevin Garnett still looks like he's lacking some of his explosiveness, but the Celtics are rolling. They overtake the Lakers and sit atop The Daily Hurt's weekly power rankings.
Note: The Daily Hurt will be hiking the Inca Trail next week, so with much to be done before I go, this week's power rankings will be broken down in seven words or less.
Normal service will resume in the first week of 2010.
- BOSTON CELTICS - 10 straight Ws—say no more.
- LOS ANGELES LAKERS - Saturday's loss drops them below Boston.
- DALLAS MAVERICKS - Two one-point victories show improved toughness.
- ATLANTA HAWKS - Rolling along nicely.
- DENVER NUGGETS - Complacency is Denver's problem.
- ORLANDO MAGIC - First back-to-back losses of the season this week.
- CLEVELAND CAVALIERS - No player defends LeBron better than Shane Battier.
- UTAH JAZZ - Went 3-1 in a tough week. As Tiger Woods would say, "huge."
- HOUSTON ROCKETS - Luis Scola deserves an all-star selection this year.
- SAN ANTONIO SPURS - Need to sort out their road problems.
- PHOENIX SUNS - 2-5 so far in December.
- OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER - Were 2-20 this time last year.
- MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Have a tough schedule to close out 2009.
- DETROIT PISTONS - Rodney Stuckey = 25 points, six assists, 54 percent over his last five, all wins.
- NEW YORK KNICKS - Welcome back Jonathan Bender .
- PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS - 1-3 without head coach Nate McMillan.
- MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES - Mike Conley is coming around, and so are the Grizz.
- MIAMI HEAT - Wade needs help—also as Tiger would say, "quickly."
- NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Ugly loss at home to the Knicks.
- INDIANA PACERS - 3-1 without Granger this season.
- SACRAMENTO KINGS - Good at Arco, junk everywhere else.
- CHARLOTTE BOBCATS - Blew it against the Mavs.
- LA CLIPPERS - What is a "Clipper" anyway?
- TORONTO RAPTORS - Why would Chris Bosh want to stay?
- WASHINGTON WIZARDS - Agent 0-for-4 from the free-throw line in the clutch this week.
- GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - Normal chaos has resumed.
- CHICAGO BULLS - Bulls? WTF?
- MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES - Better than Philly and Jersey, which doesn't say much.
- PHILADELPHIA 76ERS - It's like Iverson never left.
- NEW JERSEY NETS - At least New Jersey beat the Bulls.
Questions, comments or suggestions, email: