Hard to imagine that week 5 in the NFL could mean a must win game for anyone, but that is the case tonight for Miami. This division rivals are no strangers to each other and a Monday Night Football crowd will make this one even more intense. The Jets are off to a hot start and the oddsmakers have made the Jets a -1 point favorite. The Dolphins have had a brutal schedule to start the year so the 1-3 record is a little deceiving. Both teams have the motivation and the will to win but who will win? Check out the trends and facts from CT Sports Picksfor this key MNF game.
The New York Jets are one of the biggest surprises of the NFL early season. A 3-1 start that has seen the defense turn into the best defense in the league. New coach Ryan has brought the defense intensity that he was famous for while he was in Baltimore. But even a bigger surprise has been the rookie QB Sanchez who has been way better than anyone could have imagined. Although the Jets have not really asked a ton of the QB he has managed the game like a 10 year veteran. Good news for the Jets is that they have owned Miami in recent years and almost every trend points to a win tonight.
- -Jets are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 meetings in Miami.
- -Jets are 20-5-2 ATS in their last 27 meetings.
- -Road team is 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.
- -Jets are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games as a road favorite of 0.5-3.0.
- -Jets are 4-11-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- -Jets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 5.
- -Jets are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite.
The Dolphins have their backs against the wall and need to come out swinging tonight. They also must buck the recent trends that has seen them lose 8 of the last 10 times to the Jets. Coming off a playoff appearance last year had fans hoping for a repeat performance but at this point that is in jeopardy. The offense has been ineffective and now with back up QB Chad Hene having to take over for injured Pennington many wonder how bad it might get. The Jets defense has been the best in the league and the Dolphins must find a way to move the ball. On defense the Dolphins were very good last year but this year they have not been good. The secondary has been poor and must improve if they have any chance tonight. Also the Dolphins must buck the recent betting trends that they are up against:
- -Dolphins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- -Dolphins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
- -Dolphins are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games as a home underdog.
- -Dolphins are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a home underdog of 0.5-3.0.
- -Dolphins are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog.
- -Underdog is 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.
Still not sure who to take?