As if we needed it, Dash over at Deadspin provided more proof today why the SEC is the craziest and most insane college football conference in America.
Today’s lesson: if you play football for Alabama and hit a girl, her father will take your side. Roll Tide!
The story involves reserve LB Courtney Upshaw and his girlfriend Kendall Grzyb. Details below, with plenty more over at Deadspin, in today’s Link of the Day:
Campus cops apparently witnessed some sort of scuffle between Upshaw and Kendall Grzyb, a 19-year-old U of A student, so they hauled the two lovebirds in for a night in jail. But Father of the Year Dave Grzyb is operating under the assumption that his own child is the one who should be blamed.
Now maybe if this had happened in March, he could have let it slide, but Papa Grzyb doesn’t need this kind of distraction during two-a-days.
And now some more tasty treats from around the web:
- Pitin and Calipari: Rats of a Feather — (Josh Q. Public)
- Was Jared Allen Jay Glazer’s source? Looks like it — (Sports by Brooks)
- Visiting Tim Tebow’s locker is like visiting The Vatican — (Busted Coverage)
- Cubs season no surprise to this guy — (i94sports)
- Fantasy Football Pre-Draft Roundup — (Sharapova’s Thigh)
- MJ’s Still Got It — (Docksquad Sports)
- Be aware Kentucky: You’re next — (Sparty & Friends)
- Shaq being sued over new show — (MoonDog)
- Interview with Michelle Beadle of Sports Nation — (Real Clear Sports)
- So what exactly are we supposed to expect from the 2009-10 Bulls? — (Not Qualified to Comment)
- Splain It! Life Choices — (Straight Pinkie)
- Could Atlanta be a sleeper team down the stretch? — (I94 Sports)
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!