Football was frantic in the past seven days as teams have hurriedly tried to prepare themselves for the upcoming season by cramming in game after game in an intensive pre-season schedule.
Some though still need to put in much more work on the training ground, and that applies specifically to Szombathelyi Haladas’ Brazilian striker Maikel. Despite the fact that most people will never have heard of Hungarian minnows Haladas, and even less people will remember Maikel, his pathetic penalty against Arsenal will be one of the lasting memories this season.
If you still haven’t seen the incident in question, check out the schmuck of the week here.
Onto the list where its been a staggeringly good week for quality strikes. So much so that the “narrowly missing” list has come back to life as seasons across Europe slowly crank into gear.
Of particular mention this week, a collection of brilliant goals you are less likely to have seen are found in positions 1, 5, 6 and 9.
Alternatively, arguably the strike of the week, goal 7, is definitely a goal which you will have seen in the last 24 hours sees Goldenballs roll back the clock against the reigning Champions League holders.
As always, all we ask is that you sit back and enjoy!
1. Christian Bermudez (Malaga v Atlante, July 27, 2009)
2. Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan v Bayern Munich, July 29, 2009)
3. Geovanni (Hull v Beijing Guoan, July 29, 2009)
4. Anderson (Manchester United v Boca Juniors, July 29, 2009)
5. Filo ze Carlos (Rabotnicki v Odense, July 29, 2009) (2.20 minutes into the video)
6. Roman Eremenko (Kryvbas Krivyi Rig v Dynamo Kiev, August 1, 2009)
7. David Beckham (LA Galaxy v Barcelona, August 1, 2009)
8. Andrei Arshavin (Arsenal v Atletico Madrid, August 1, 2009)
9. Rasmus Elm (Kalmar v Elfsborg, August 2, 2009)
10. Chan Siu Ki (South China v Tottenham, August 2, 2009) (0.45 minutes into the video)