Since there has been quite a few of these coming out I figured I'd write one for Oregon too.
You might be an Oregon Duck fan if...
- the colors purple and orange make you nauseous and/or want to throw something out a window.
- you know Phil Knight owns your school as well as college football in general and are not ashamed to admit it.
- you purposely go through campus and up Agate Street to cross the Autzen footbridge on the way to Autzen Stadium on game day despite that it's the longest way to get there (unless if you tailgate beforehand of course).
- you yell "Go Ducks!" on game day just to get everyone else within earshot to yell "Go Ducks!" back.
- you respond "Go Ducks!" when the above situation occurs.
- you are still bitter about the 2001 Oregon team not making it to the national championship and have had a passionate hatred for the BCS ever since.
- you know that Dennis Dixon was the best player in the country in 2007.
- you give your boss crap for being a Beaver.
- you know the meaning of the name 'Kamikaze Kids.'
- you know that Ahmad Rashad's name was Bobby Moore when he was a Duck.
- you get excited for 'The Pick' every time they put it up on the big screen.
- you know what 'The Pick' is and why it was significant.
- you have a special place in your heart for Dan Fouts, Mel Renfro, Norm Van Brocklin, Bob Berry, Bill Musgrave, Kenny Wheaton, and Joey Harrington (or countless other Duck greats).
- you have a deep hatred for Huskies and Beavers.
- you are certain that Autzen Stadium, Mac Court, and Hayward Field are the best game day atmospheres for their respective sports.
- you love the hundreds of uniform combinations.
- you absolutely hate the hundreds of uniform combinations but you don't care as long as the Ducks are doing well.
- win or lose, you always go to Rennie's or Taylor's to enjoy a drink after the game.
- you were there for the good and bad days of Duck football and stuck it through anyways.
- you enjoy the tense Thanksgivings that result from half your family going to OSU and the other half going to Oregon.
- you either get ignored by or talk crap to your Beaver co-workers the week of the Civil War.
- you are constantly yelling the entire game on every play the Ducks are on defense as opposed to on offense where you can hear a pin drop in Autzen.
- you refuse to sit down unless it's halftime.
- you look around the student section to see what awesome sign there is for that game.
- you can get away with carrying a rack of beer through campus and all around the parking lot of Autzen on game day.
I'm sure there are many others I have missed but chances are if one or more of these is true then you're probably a Duck fan.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!