Jim O'Connor-USA TODAY Sports
Here's our best guess regarding how the Giants' depth chart looked after the cut down to 75:
QB: Eli Manning, David Carr, Ryan Nassib, Curtis Painter
RB: David Wilson, Andre Brown, Ryan Torain, Da'Rel Scott, Michael Cox
FB: Henry Hynoski, Bear Pascoe
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan, Ramses Barden, Julian Talley, Kevin Hardy, Marcus Harris
TE: Brandon Myers, Adrien Robinson, Larry Donnell
OT: Will Beatty, Justin Pugh, David Diehl, James Brewer, Selvish Capers, Bryant Browning
G: Chris Snee, Kevin Boothe, Brandon Mosley, Matt McCants, Eric Herman
C: David Baas, Jim Cordle, Stephen Goodin
DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Damontre Moore, Adrian Tracy, Matt Broha, Adewale Ojomo, Justin Trattou
DT: Linval Joseph, Cullen Jenkins, Johnathan Hankins, Shaun Rogers, Marvin Austin, Mike Patterson, Markus Kuhn
OLB: Keith Rivers, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams, Kyle Bosworth
MLB: Dan Connor, Mark Herzlich
CB: Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Jayron Hosley, Aaron Ross, Trumaine McBride, Terrell Thomas, Terrence Frederick, Charles James
S: Antrel Rolle, Ryan Mundy, Will Hill, Tyler Sash, Cooper Taylor, David Caldwell
K: Josh Brown
P: Steve Weatherford
LS: Zak DeOssie
Obviously, plenty of defensive linemen have to go, and some might have to adapt to standing up because that linebacking corps is looking awfully thin. The offense is pretty much locked in, but injuries to Baas, Diehl and Cruz could complicate things when big decisions are made this week.
- Curtis Painter: Nassib is locked in, and they'll stick with Carr as the backup.
- Ramses Barden: I still think Jernigan has more upside. Barden loses the battle for the fifth spot.
- Julian Talley: They need more experience among their backups at wide receiver. Talley could make the practice squad.
- Kevin Hardy: See: Julian Talley.
- Marcus Harris: See: Kevin Hardy.
- Larry Donnell: No room on the active roster for Donnell, who was merely a camp body.
- Da'Rel Scott: It was a disappointing summer for Scott, who is out of rope.
- Michael Cox: I think they go with the experienced Ryan Torain and add him to the practice squad.
- Eric Herman: The seventh-round offensive lineman is an ideal candidate for the practice squad.
- Selvish Capers: I think they go with 2012 sixth-round pick Matt McCants over him for the final offensive line spot.
- Stephen Goodin: He was terrible in the preseason.
- Bryant Browning: He's just a body behind Beatty, Pugh, Diehl and Brewer.
- Adrian Tracy: Trattou or Ojomo (or both) will make the roster before Tracy does. They have just been better.
- Matt Broha: He didn't create enough pressure despite getting plenty of preseason opportunities.
- Adewale Ojomo: He's right on the bubble after a strong month. Not sure there's room for both him and Trattou.
- Marvin Austin: I think his time in New York has simply run out. Too many solid linemen and Austin hasn't stood out.
- Mike Patterson: It'll be Patterson or Shaun Rogers. I just don't know if Patterson can still hold up physically.
- Markus Kuhn: There's no room for the 2012 seventh-round pick, especially when he's still not healthy.
- Terrence Frederick: I think they stick with old men Aaron Ross and Terrell Thomas and look to stash Frederick and maybe even Charles James on the practice squad.
- Charles James: Frederick had a clear edge over James throughout the preseason. He's probably a goner.
- David Caldwell: Injuries and suspensions could land him on the practice squad. It's his final year of eligibility.