WWE's newest backstage interviewer had two backstage interviews during the show. One with RVD, Mark Henry and Big Show, and another with Rybaclk. I separated these from the rest of the show and threw them in the final slide because not a lot happened.
The RVD interview was standard pre-match hype, but Ryback segment was cut short by his anger at someone watching him. Ryback has adopted the mannerisms of every Junior High and High School bully you have ever seen in a movie.
Ryback grabbed some poor backstage worker and knocked him around before tossing him over a table, continuing his streak of attacking backstage employees.
This could lead to something bigger down the line, but for now, it's just strange to see that a guy who was once being pushed to the top has been brought down to this kind of storyline.
This was a pretty good episode of SmackDown to lead into the SummerSlam PPV. Two matches stand out above the rest: Christian vs. Damien Sandow and Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett. Bryan and Barrett probably get Match of the Night honors due to some of the brutality in their match.
Just about every single match set for SummerSlam, as well as a rumored match for the tag team titles, was addressed in one way or another.
Predictions heading into SummerSlam:
- Since RVD pinned Ambrose clean on this show, he will probably lose to the U.S. champ at SummerSlam.
- The Miz will get in some kind of physical altercation at SummerSlam.
- Daniel Bryan will win the WWE title, but he may lose it within a day to Randy Orton.
- Del Rio's time as world champion is over, but is it Christian or Sandow who will walk out with the big gold belt?
- Kane might actually beat Bray Wyatt, but Wyatt will get the last laugh in some way.
- Mark Henry and Big Show will walk out as tag team champions if the match is made with The Shield.
What did you think of the show, and what are your SummerSlam predictions?
Thanks for reading, and follow me on Twitter @BR_Doctor.