The Hockey Spy's NHL Playoff Predictions: Eastern Conference (Round One)
The Hockey Spy adds to the run of playoff predictions out there in cyberspace, tossing you his 20 pesos worth.
My colleague Greg Caggiano (G-Cagg) at The Hockey Writers has a great rundown in his version of playoff predictions.
The Two-Line Pass via Puck Daddy also has interesting take on the upcoming quest for Lord Stanley.
Let's break down the Eastern Conference first.
Eastern Conference (First Round):
Boston Bruins (1) vs. Montreal Canadiens (8)
- Goalies: "The Tank" Thomas > "Shakey" Carey Price
- Defense: Chara & Wideman et al (et al = the rest) >>Markov, Komo, and Schneider et al
- Forwards: Savard, Kessel, Krejci and plenty of depth > Kovalev, Koivu et al
*Fearless Prediction: Bruins in Five
Washington Capitals (2) vs. New York Rangers (7)
- Goalies: "King" Henrik Lundquist >> Theodore
- Defense: Mike Green et al >> Marc Staal et al
- Forwards: Great 8, Semin, Backstrom >>> Drury, Gomez et al
* Fearless Prediction: Caps in Five
New Jersey Devils (3) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (6)
- Goalies: Brodeur > Ward (but closer than you think!)
- Defense: Devils > Canes (only because of Devils defensive team play)
- Forwards: Parise, Elias, Gionta et al > Staal, Whitney, Cole et al (slight advantage Devils)
* Fearless Prediction: Devils in Seven
Pittsburgh Penguins (4) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (5)
- Goalies: MA Fleury > Niitymaki/Biron
- Defense: Gonchar, Boucher, Letang et al > Timmonen & Coburn et al
- Forwards: Malkin, SC87, Staal, Guerin, Kunitz et al > Mike Richards, Jeff Carter et al
* Fealess Prediction: Penguins in Six
Feel free to comment, criticize and post your own picks.
aka The Hockey Spy
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?