*** ARTICLE UPDATE ***
Thank you all to those who have so far read, commented and taken part. We now have nearly 200 entries for the challenge.
The final date to submit any entries and/or alterations is midnight on Sunday 13th January 2013 so please make sure that any predictions are sent before then.
As I've already mentioned (below) this Challenge will be the first of at least three, spanning Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania.
A leaderboard will be published with EVERY person who enters, following the Royal Rumble, and I will publish both an ongoing, and Pay-Per-View specific leaderboard following future events.
As a quick reminder, some people have left entries incomplete (not all categories selected, entry number of superstars not predicted etc.) so, if you wish to do so, please update these before next Sunday.
On Monday 14th January all entries will be finalised and I will publish a further article based on the trends we have seen in predictions.
Once again, thank you to everyone who has taken part.
January 27th, 2013 sees my favourite pay-per-view of the year roll into the US Airways Centre in Phoenix, Ariz.
Let's face it, anyone who doesn't love the Royal Rumble has no soul.
It is the single most fun event on the calendar, and even non-wrestling fans cannot help but be enticed by the annual over-the-top battle royal.
January's event sees possibly the most open field of potential winners ever, and it is for this reason that the 2013 spectacular will be so memorizing.
Undoubtedly, the entire B/R community will soon (if they haven't already) share their two cents on who they think will win a guaranteed WrestleMania spot. But hey, this year, I thought I'd go for something a bit different.
Most members of the IWC are, to say the very least, strongly opinionated. So this challenge is designed to see exactly who can predict the WWE's most unpredictable event most accurately.
The game will work as follows:
Anyone who wishes to take part can simply comment below, or inbox me, with 10 names of superstars.
You must select:
- ONE superstar who you think will win the Royal Rumble
- THREE other superstars who you think will make the Final Four
- TWO superstars who you think will start the match (Nos. 1 and 2)
- ONE alumnus who will appear in the match (this includes commentators and former superstars)
- ONE Raw superstar who will appear in the match
- ONE SmackDown superstar who will appear in the match
- ONE superstar who you think will draw No. 30
To enter, simply submit all 10 names, along with a prediction as to what number you think your selected superstar will draw. The points will be calculated as follows:
- TWO points if your selected superstars enter the Royal Rumble match
- THREE bonus points if your selected Alumni member enters the Royal Rumble match
- ONE point for every man eliminated by your selected superstar
- FIVE points if you correctly guess a superstar's entry number
- TEN points for each final four superstar correctly guessed
- TWENTY-FIVE points if you correctly guess the winner
As you've probably guessed, this is a bit of fun, so don't take it too seriously. If you do wish to enter, either comment below or PM me and I will collate all entries. I will also run an article nearer to the event giving updates on entry numbers and who we all think will win the 2013 Royal Rumble.
As always, thanks for reading!
Please feel free to leave any comments, suggestions or alterations in the comments section below (and if you do wish to get involved in helping out, please do not hesitate to contact me).
Anyway, thank you. I will leave you finally with my 10 predictions to get the ball rolling:
Winner - Wade Barrett (No. 27)
Final Four - The Miz (No. 16) , John Cena (No. 8) , Dolph Ziggler (No. 25)
To stat the match - Daniel Bryan (No. 1), Kane (No. 2)
Alumnus - "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (No. 7)
Raw - A.J. Lee (No. 29)
SmackDown - Sheamus (No. 12)
No. 30 - The Great Khali
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!