Wednesday’s Game: Brewers 12, Dodgers 8
- Here we go…Prince Fielder, Corey Hart, Mike Cameron, Casey McGehee, and JJ Hardy all went deep in the Brewers win over the Dodgers today. Manny Parra sucked and David Riske countinued his un-scoreless streak. Ryan Braun left the game in the fourth inning due to “right side stiffness.”
- I don’t like this. No one seems to know the extent of this injury. Braun keeps saying, left and right, that he’s “fine” and that it was planned that he’d leave the game after two at-bats. At the same time, club officials say he left due to tightness in his right side. You have to believe the Brewers in this case. Is Braun blowing smoke? Apparently we’ll find out more Thursday. God, make me a believer!
- Yes, there is more Brewers news today than Braun’s injury. The Brewers cut Trot Nixon and designated Mat Gamel. Angel Salome and Jason Bourgeois were also shipped out of big league camp.
- The Brewers April 9 game against the San Francisco Giants will air on the MLB Network. This will be the networks first regular season game broadcast.
- The other big news seems to be the interest, or lack of interest, in Jake Peavy. One day it’s rumored that the Brewers have inquired about Peavy. Then today Doug Melvin says “bull sh*t.” He also said the rumor is “disruptive.”
- Personally, I'm getting bored with the NL Central prediction articles, but this one is kind of fun(ny). Why? The Sports Take picks the Astros to finish second in the NL Central.
- And yet another ‘09 preview.
- The Brewers finish just ahead of the Cubs as Fan Graphs #6 organization in Major League Baseball.
- What do you expect out of new Brewers starter Braden Looper?
- Members of Midwest Airlines’ frequent flyer program will become eligible for rewards when the Brewers win this coming season.
- Check out Win-It Wednesdays this coming season at the T-Rats Fox Cities Stadium.
- The Cubs are feeling good about Rich Harden. Apparently Harden is still feeling the effects of a recent bout with food poisoning, but his arm “feels good.” I believe that by “feels good” they just mean his arm didn’t physically fall out of its socket. Hey Cubs fans dick 5’s, say what you want, but you’ll wish Harden held up half as good as Ben Sheets.
GD, it’s so easy to hate the Cubs with crap like this: When Milton Bradley was told that the Cubs are being picked by most to win the NL Central, he replied “they should…I’m here.” Like most Cubs fans, he’s sure they’ll win the division. He’s also sure he can throw a three gallon Gatorade cooler further than any man on Earth.
Milton goes on to credit himself with turning three clubs into winning teams. Wow, jackasses like this really do exist.
- Astros shortstop Miguel Tejada will be sentenced Thursday for federal perjury charges.
- The Cubs release their 2003 #1 draft pick.
- It’s widely thought that the Reds pitching should be considerably better this season than last.
Pedro Martinez is looking for a one-year contract worth $5-$8 million. This site admits that no one will pay this, then goes on to list the Brewers as one of the teams that should show interest in him. No thanks!