MAVTV 500 2012: Start Time, Lineup, TV Schedule and More
The MAVTV 500 IndyCar World Championships will be the final race of the season, and everything will be on the line in this one.
As it stands now, there are four racers who have shots at grabbing the IZOD IndyCar Series title.
Will Power is the current series points leader, and he's followed by Ryan Hunter-Reay, Helio Castroneves and Scott Dixon, all in that order.
A mere 53 points separate these four competitors, and that will make for quite the exciting race on Saturday.
Here's everything you need to know to watch this race.
Where: Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif.
When: Saturday, September, 15 at 7:30 p.m. ET
Watch: NBC Sports Network (Check local listings)
2. Ryan Briscoe: IZOD/Team Penske
3. Helio Castroneves: Auto Club/Team Penske
4. J.R. Hildebrand: U.S. National Guard/Panther Racing
5. E.J. Viso: Citgo/PDVSA/KV Racing Technology
6. Katherine Legge: TrueCar/Dragon Racing
8. Rubens Barrichello: BMC/Embrase/KV Racing Technology
9. Scott Dixon: Target/Chip Ganassi Racing
10. Dario Franchitti: Cottonelle/Chip Ganassi Racing
11. Tony Kanaan: GEICO/Mouser Electronics/KVRT
12. Will Power: Verizon/Team Penske
14. Wade Cunningham: ABC Supply Co./AJ Foyt Enterprises
15. Takuma Sato: Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
17. Sebastian Saavedra: AFS/Andretti Autosport
18. Justin Wilson: Sonny's Bar B-Q/Dale Coyne Racing
19. Jamie Jakes: Boy Scouts America/Dale Coyne Racing
20. Ed Carpenter: Fuzzy's Vodka/Ed Carpenter Racing
22. Oriol Servia: Panther/Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
26. Marco Andretti: RC Cola/Andretti Autosport
27. James Hinchcliffe: GoDaddy.com/Andretti Autosport
28. Ryan Hunter-Reay: DHL/Sun Drop/Andretti Autosport
38. Graham Rahal: Service Central/Chip Ganassi Racing
67. Josef Newgarden: Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
77. Simon Pagenaud: Schmidt Hamilton HP Motorsports
78. Simona de Silvestro: Nuclear Energy/Lotus-HVM Racing
83. Charlie Kimball: NovoLog FlexPen/Chip Ganassi Racing
98. Alex Tagliani: Barracuda/Bryan Herta Autosport
Racers to Watch
He might be 52 points behind, but you can never count out one of the greatest racers in IndyCar history.
Castroneves will be looking to capture his third win of the season, and it would certainly be his biggest. Besides his two wins in 14 starts, Castroneves has four top-five finishes and 11 in the top 10.
Having led in 263 laps this season, Castroneves will no doubt be in the running to win the MAVTV 500.
Power currently holds a 17-point lead over the second-place racer, Ryan Hunter-Reay, leaving a potential series victory squarely in his own hands.
In 2012, Power has won three races in 14 starts, while capturing an impressive five poles. Power has finished in the top five seven times this season and has also notched 10 top-10 finishes.
Power has no doubt been the best IndyCar racer this season, and if he has a strong showing on Saturday, he can cement that thought with a series victory.
Hunter-Reay is breathing down the neck of Power, only 17 points behind the IndyCar points leader. That deficit will be quickly erased if Hunter-Reay can win this race.
The 31-year-old has been nothing short of spectacular in 2012. He's won four races this season and placed in the top five six times, while placing in the top 10 nine times.
There's no doubt Hunter-Reay is the biggest threat to Power's championship dreams, but starting in the back of the field will make it more difficult for the former to win this race.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?