Andrew Burton/Getty Images
Here are some notes:
- Things got a little heated in this one. Brett Gardner got thrown at in the first inning. Then in the 8th Chad Gaudin threw at Cabrera before Jeter was thrown behind in the bottom of the inning. Tiger’s manager Jim Leyland was ejected.
- The HBP against Gardner was apparently in retaliation of a hard slide from Monday night’s game that took Carlos Guillen out.
- Curtis Granderson continued his hot streak with a home run.
- The bullpen continued their hot streak by protecting the lead Dustin Moseley left them with after only five innings.
- David Robertson now has 18 straight scoreless outings.
- Alex Rodriguez sat out with a strained calf. He’s day-to-day.
- Minor league pitcher Adam Warren struck out 15 in Double-A Trenton.
- Prospects Gary Sanchez, C, and Cito Culver, SS & 1st round pick, have been promoted to Single-A Staten Island where they will join Rob Segedin, 3B & 3rd rounder.
Nice to see the Yankees offense get on track on a night where Moseley showed that maybe the Yankees need to call up Ivan Nova. Also, I’m getting over to Staten Island as soon as possible. That is a major talent infusion.
- March 13, 2010 -- Yanks Shake Off Rainy Doldrums to Beat the O-Birds
- February 28, 2010 -- 10 Problems the 2010 Yankees Could Face
- August 14, 2010 -- Yankees Notes: Recap, Aceves, El Duque, 2 Picks Signed
- August 9, 2010 -- Extended Yankees Notes: A-Rod, Burnett, Posada, Pettitte, and More