
Bill Belichick Comments on Matt Patricia 1996 Sexual Assault Allegations
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has issued a statement regarding the 1996 allegations of sexual assault against Matt Patricia, who worked on the coaching staff from 2004-17.
Kevin Duffy of MassLive.com passed along Belichick's statement in which he noted the Patriots weren't aware of the situation during Patricia's time with the organization:
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Per Robert Snell of the Detroit News, Patricia was indicted in 1996 after a woman told police she had been sexually assaulted by two men at a hotel where she was staying.
Patricia, who was hired as head coach of the Detroit Lions in February, expressed his innocence while speaking to reporters on Thursday, via NFL.com:
"I'm here to defend my honor and clear my name. Twenty-two years ago, I was falsely accused of something very serious, very serious allegations. There were claims made about me that never happened. I am thankful on one level that the process worked and the case was dismissed. At the same time, I was never given the opportunity to defend myself or allowed to push back with the truth to clear my name."
Snell cited court records showing the accuser wouldn't testify, prompting a motion to dismiss the case.
Lions president Rod Wood told Snell after reviewing the situation that he was "very comfortable with the process of interviewing and employing" Patricia.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)