
2017 4-Star OG Netori Johnson Tweets Decommitment from Alabama
Just two days after closing with yet another No. 1 recruiting class, Alabama's 2017 class is already shifting with a decommitment from 4-star offensive guard Netori Johnson.
On Friday, Johnson tweeted a message stating he was opening up his recruitment again, although Alabama would continue to be one of his top schools:
The 4-star offensive guard from Cedar Grove High School in Ellenwood, Georgia, had been committed to Alabama since receiving an offer from the Crimson Tide at a camp last June.
Johnson, a 6'5" and 330-pound junior, is currently rated as the nation's No. 5 offensive guard and No. 121 overall recruit. He was Alabama's fifth-highest-rated commitment for the 2017 class, which is currently ranked No. 2 behind Ohio State.
The news of Johnson's decommitment from the Crimson Tide is a good sign for SEC rivals Auburn and Georgia, who are said to be among his new leaders.
Half of Johnson's four "crystal ball" predictions at 247Sports have him staying in state with the Bulldogs this time next year.
New Georgia coach Kirby Smart told reporters Wednesday that the offensive line would be a high priority for the Bulldogs in the 2017 class after missing out on several key targets in this past cycle.
"When you go to the offensive line, it's not exactly what we want," Smart said, per Edward Aschoff of ESPN.com. "We want some offensive tackles. If you say what's the number one need going into 2017, it's offensive tackles is what we need. That's the most deficient area on our front."
Although Johnson is listed as a guard on 247Sports, he has the size and the ability to play offensive tackle at the next level.

According to Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports, Auburn could be considered the new No. 1 school for Johnson, who visited the Plains last weekend and said the Tigers "were his No. 2" behind Alabama.
Johnson was high school teammates with 2016 4-star defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson, who enrolled early with the Tigers. He also met new Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand, formerly of Penn State.
"One, they have one of my players," Johnson said, per Niebuhr. "My coaches like the school and have a great connection. So I’m really liking Auburn night now."
A team outside the SEC that could become a major factor in this 2017 offensive lineman's recruitment is none other than Michigan.
Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh visited Johnson on Jan. 25 and offered him a scholarship, giving him 15 total offers from FBS programs.
"I'm definitely interested in Michigan," Johnson said, per Steve Lorenz of 247Sports. "I find them to be a very great school and a very great football program. ... Coach Harbaugh is the one who offered me, and I already know he is a great coach that knows how to produce and win games."
Like Auburn, Michigan also has a former Cedar Grove teammate of Johnson's set to join its roster—2016 3-star inside linebacker signee Elysee Mbem-Bosse.
Recruiting information courtesy of 247Sports.
Justin Ferguson is a college football writer at Bleacher Report. You can follow him on Twitter @JFergusonBR.
.jpg)








