
Johan Cruyff Discusses Treatment for Lung Cancer
On Thursday, former Ajax, Barcelona and Netherlands star Johan Cruyff made his first public appearance since the announcement in October he had been diagnosed with lung cancer—and revealed he was confident his treatment is working well.
According to AS, while attending an event in Barcelona on behalf of the Johan Cruyff Foundation, he said, "I'm sure I'll win this battle."
Appearing in a jovial mood, he added:
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"My treatment has already started. At the moment I’ve got more strength than before. I’ve got an exceptional team of doctors to make sure everything goes well.
With all the affection I’ve received it’s as if I had double the strength. What they’re putting in my body is like a friend because it’s there to beat the cancer.
When you’re told you have cancer there is no escape. You have to confront it in the best way you can. I have a top medical team.
"
After the event, he tweeted:
The 68-year-old is widely recognised as one of the best players to ever grace a football pitch.
A true embodiment of the classic Dutch "total football" ethos, he won countless titles and trophies with the likes of Ajax, Feyenoord and Barcelona as a player and later a manager.
He was also a key component of the Oranje's legendary team at the 1974 World Cup, where he scored three goals to help his side reach the final—which they would ultimately lose 2-1 to West Germany.






