
Jack Cork to Swansea City: Latest Contract Details, Reaction and More
Swansea City have finally got the man they wanted after the South Wales club officially announced the signing of Jack Cork from Southampton.
The Liberty Stadium side took to social media to introduce Cork as the Swans' newest recruit, wearing his new team's shirt, with Southampton thanking the player for his service:
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
The 25-year-old was out of contract with the Saints in the summer, leaving Ronald Koeman no choice but to sell.
The Dutch coach had previously said he wanted to keep Cork at St Mary's, with the player being offered a new deal to stay with Southampton earlier in the month, per BBC Sport.
Koeman was clear in his assessment at that time, saying to the local BBC: "He can stay. Jack Cork by himself has to say yes or no. We are waiting."
But it seems the midfielder's future lay away from the Champions League-position chasing team, and he has now joined Garry Monk's side.

Before the announcement, Koeman firmly hinted in his Friday press conference that a deal was imminent and the player had arrived in Wales for his medical, per the Southern Daily Echo: “The latest news is that Jack is now in Swansea. I said before [Southampton] offered him a very good contract but his feeling was not good to stay more time in the club. He likes to play more games, I can’t guarantee players that. We have really a tough competition between our midfield players."
The player is the son of former Cardiff City manager and Wimbledon striker, Alan Cork—and was a key member of the Crazy Gang who won the FA Cup against Liverpool in 1988.
The midfielder began his career at Chelsea but never played a senior match for the Blues, opting in 2011 to make the switch to the south coast, signing a four-year deal.
Swansea confirmed Cork had joined them on a three-and-a-half year deal until 2018, as announced by the club's official Twitter feed:

And Cork spoke to Swans TV about his excitement at joining his new team and discussed his feelings about leaving the Saints:
Sports journalist Simon Peach passed comment on Cork's exit from Southampton, praising the midfielder for the role he played in Southampton's ascension from the Championship to the comfortable Premier League status they now enjoy:
The player was in need of a fresh start, and a recent injury has not helped him find his way into Koeman's plans.
He is a solid player who can further develop at Swansea and show his value as a Premier League footballer.
At 25 years old, Cork's best years are ahead of him, and Monk has made a very shrewd signing.






