Massone finally tells the truth at last: Livingston are in trouble
Livingston chairman Angelo Massone has finally came out and told the truth for once in the ongoing financial wrangle at the Almondvale club. Despite stating for months that everything was rosy at the club, and that they were in discussions to purchase the stadium from the council, Massone has now warned fans that the club could face administration as early as next week.
The Italian made the claim at a stormy open meeting on Thursday night attended by around 200 fans, who were looking for reassurances on the future of the cash-strapped club, but instead Massone finally came clean and told them that to survive the club must sell around 300 season tickets or face administration next week.
Massone, is battling to find cash to keep the club afloat, made an urgent plea for support from fans and the local business community to help now or risk losing the club altogether. However, there is growing resentment at the way the club is run. Wages are regularly paid late, angry creditors are chasing money and the controversy culminated in the suspension of boss Paul Hegarty and No.2 Graeme Robertson.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Unpaid Season-ticket sales for the 2009-10 campaign have been slow and for those who have purchased books it is believed a staged payment facility has been removed as the club needs the money now. The Livi For Life Supporters Trust, who have campaigned for a community-based rescue plan in the event of administration, were planning to meet with Massone late yesterday to seek a way out of the troubles.
Massone said, “We are working to resolve the problems of the club.”
Livi’s Italian consortium are battling massive debts and sold Dave Mackay and Murray Davidson to St. Johnstone last week for only £45,000 just to ease their plight. A bill of around £280,000 is thought to be outstanding to West Lothian Council for unpaid rent, while a host of other creditors still await payment.
The SFL and SFA are investigating the suspensions of Hegarty and Robertson, who supported players in the row over wage delays. Players are due to be paid next week while backroom staff are still waiting for April wages.
The club’s only saleable asset appears to be Scotland B striker Leigh Griffiths. However, a six-figure bid for the teenager from Dundee has been rejected.
LiviforLife Trust Statement 22nd May 2009
Following the Open Meeting held at the invitation of Livingston Football Club on 21st May we would like to issue the following statement –
Whilst the LFL Trust remains extremely concerned over the stewardship of Livingston Football Club and the critical financial position as confirmed by Mr. Massone at the meeting, the Trust realises the current state of affairs in the relationship between Club and Trust cannot be allowed to continue. To that end the Trust have agreed, in principal, to meet with the owners of Livingston FC and their representatives, to seek common ground on the way forward for the Club.
We fully accept that the support is divided on the best way forward for the Club and to that end we wish to assist, wherever possible, to repair some of the damage. However, we cannot and will not condone some of the practices being applied in the current running of the Club and will seek assurances from the owners that these practices in relation to salaries and creditors are addressed before any positive steps forward can be taken.
The name of Livingston Football Club is currently at an all time low within the football world and this is something none of us can be proud of. We accept that all parties have a role to play in redressing this. However, the onus must be on the current owners to be honest and open in their dealings with supporters, suppliers, sponsors and the football authorities if we are to have a Club to support in the future.



.jpg)







