Rafael Benitez Rejects New Contract Offer From Liverpool Board
The Liverpool manager is reported to have disagreed and regrettably feels he has no choice but to reject the new contract offered by the board.
The Spaniard is adamant he wants more control over transfer policies and the development of the Liverpool youth academy before he agrees to sign the proposal.
It has been well documented in the past that the Liverpool board and Rick Parry in particular, have dragged their feet when dealing with transfer targets and negotiating new contracts for current players.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Benitez wants to ensure these issues do not continue to hamper his progression of the club in the future and has made it clear that the terms of his new contract must give him more control over transfer dealings.
Liverpool’s co-owner, Tom Hicks, has told Sky Sports News that he agrees with the Liverpool manager on the issues regarding the time taken for transfers by the Liverpool board in the past.
He believes Rafa Is frustrated with the length of time certain things happen and wants to position himself at the club so he can do his job better.
The Spaniard is unhappy with the current set up at Liverpool that warrants major decisions about football matters needing to be sanctioned by the chief executive, Rick Parry.
Benitez believes certain issues should rest solely with the manager of the team as he feels he is best suited to making decisions on things like the true value of a player needed for the squad—the recent disagreement over the purchase of Gareth Barry in the summer being one example.
Benitez has also made it very clear he is committed to the future of Liverpool by ensuring his contract is five years long but he also wants to have a bigger input on the development of the youth academy, as he sees that as the way forward for the progression of the club.
The Liverpool manager believes the youth academy model that is currently utilised at Ajax, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and AC Milan is the best way to make use of local talent and benefit the financial future of the club.
Benitez has tried to make it perfectly clear that his stance over the contract issue has nothing whatsoever to do with financial gain claiming the money and length of the contract had already been agreed over a month ago.
Tom Hicks has also told Sky Sports News he is absolutely confident that the Liverpool manager will remain at the club for the next five years and he is looking for a solution to the disagreement as soon as possible.
He also says—with Benitez confirming this today—that there is no issue between Rafa and the board and their relationship over the last year has been the best it’s ever been since they took control of Liverpool in February of 2007.
The American has said he is pleased with the results on the pitch and with Liverpool’s current league position and wants to tell fans to relax as he is confident the issues over the contract disagreement will be sorted out.
Both parties hope these contract negotiations do not have an effect on the team’s performance in Liverpool’s next two matches—the League game on Monday and next week’s FA Cup tie—both at home to Merseyside rivals, Everton.






