World Football
HomeScoresTransfer RumorsUSWNTUSMNTPremier LeagueChampions LeagueLa LigaSerie ABundesligaMLSFIFA Club World Cup
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

Arsenal Transfer Rumours: Campbell, Lukaku, Mateo Kovačić and Others

Arun MJun 5, 2018

Entering the last month of the transfer window, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has not opened his chequebook as often as the fans wanted him to do so.

After the signings of Carl Jenkinson and Gervinho, the transfer window has been pretty dull for the Gunners with few players rumoured to be on their way out and some players expected to be added.

Here are some of the latest transfer rumours linked with the Gunners.

Gunners Reignite Joel Campbell Move

1 of 7

Joel Campbell, the highly-rated Deportivo Saprissa striker, was on the verge of a move to the Emirates last month before late interest from Manchester United

 scuppered the deal.

 were reportedly waiting to pick up the pieces, but the move to Arsenal

 appears to be back on track for a fee in the region of £1million.

According to Skysports.co.uk, Campbell said,"We are talking to Arsenal again. I have not signed yet, but I'm waiting to hear from my agents."

Arsenal may be required to send the youngster out on loan until he can obtain a work permit as he has not played in 75 per cent of Costa Rica's games over the past two years.

Lukaku Is Open to All Offers

2 of 7

Romelu Lukaku, often called the "new Didier Drogba" because of his build and appearance, was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge as Chelsea considered Lukaku a replacement for the aging Drogba.

But the move seems to have fallen apart after the young Belgian striker said, "When I do leave, it will not be to be loaned out as Thibaut Courtois has been. I want to go to a club where I can develop further. It's not that I just want to be transferred to Chelsea. At the moment, I am patient. I remain at Anderlecht and I am not thinking of a transfer."

Lukaku has also said that he is open to a move to a European heavyweight, but not necessarily the West London side, according to talksport.co.uk.

If Arsene Wenger wants Lukaku, then the deal would be good as Arsenal can offer better playing time than Chelsea.

Christopher Samba Denies Pleading for Arsenal Switch

3 of 7

Christopher Samba, the giant Congolese defender, has been heavily linked with a switch to the Emirates from his current club Blackburn.

Samba was quoted in a newspaper Wednesday morning, saying he was dreaming of moving to a club in the Champions League.

Samba, who has also been linked with Tottenham, was reported to have said: "I don't know what is happening with Arsenal because I am not dealing with it and it's not my problem."

"At the minute I am still at Blackburn but it would be a big lie if I told you 'everything is good and I don't want to play in the Champions League'."

However, an angry Samba has now moved to deny making the comments, insisting he would never disrespect his current employers in that way.

"The declarations about me are totally false - never said that," Samba wrote on his Twitter page. "I'm a Rovers player and will never mention other clubs - it's disrespectful. Not happy right now."

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Potters Lining Up a Record Bid for Nicklas Bendtner

4 of 7

Out of favor Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has been a reported target for Stoke City, according to the telegraph.co.uk.

Bendtner had requested a transfer and Arsene Wenger accepted the request at the beginning of the transfer window. 

Borussia Dortmund and Sporting Lisbon have both shown interest but have been deterred by Bendtner's transfer fee and wages. However, Stoke City manager Tony Pulis is considering the option of offering him a fresh start at the Britannia Stadium and the chance to stay in England.

Pulis is weighing up a club record offer for Bendtner after the Denmark international's representatives made contact over the weekend. A potential deal would eclipse the fee paid out to Sunderland for striker Kenwyne Jones last summer.

Arsenal Break off Transfer Talks for Teenage Croatian Star

5 of 7

Arsenal have broken off negotiations over the proposed transfer of Mateo Kovačić, after baulking at Dinamo Zagreb's asking price for the midfielder.

The Gunners are long-term admirers of the exciting teenage playmaker, and have followed his development since the age of 13, when he rejected a number of Italian and German clubs in favour of a move to Zagreb.

The current Croatia Under-17 international, who has been compared to Tottenham's midfielder Luka Modrić, made eight appearances and scored two goals as Dinamo won the league last term, leading to mass interest from clubs all over Europe.

Sporting Director Zoran Mamić said: "A few days ago I talked with some of my friends from Arsenal. I told them Mateo Kovačić is in good form, that he is playing well. They say that Arsenal can't join this 'dance of millions' for him."

Joey Barton Wants to Join Arsenal

6 of 7

The former Toon midfielder was put on the transfer list after his outbursts on Twitter against the Newcastle United Board last week.

Joey Barton, who was told on Monday he can leave on a free transfer after criticising Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, wants to join Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal side as he believes he is Champions League-class player.

Barton has told his representatives to try to secure a pay increase to £70,000 a week, according to the Express.co.uk.

Though some clubs are reported to be interested in the midfielder, it is to be seen whether Arsene Wenger will be interested in Barton.

Arsene Wenger Wants Ryo Miyaichi at the Emirates for the Coming Season

7 of 7

Ryo Miyaichi, the 18-year-old Japanese winger, joined Arsenal in January 2011 and was immediately loaned out to Dutch club Feyenoord, where he spent the second half of last season.

According to Arsenal.com, Arsene Wenger wants Miyaichi to stay at Arsenal this season and will push for the work permit the Japanese winger requires to play in England.

Miyaichi linked up with Wenger’s squad at the start of the summer and has impressed during pre-season, though he was not allowed to play in the Emirates Cup because it was a FIFA sanctioned tournament.


But Wenger has seen enough to convince him that the teenager is ready for the first-team this season and will seek to make that happen.


“My plan is to get a work permit for him and to put him on the pitch for Arsenal Football Club,” he said.

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R