Brady Hoke signed his new Michigan contract on Monday. He will make $2 million this year and get regular bonuses that could increase his salary to an average of $3.5 million a year over the six-year term of the contract.
Part of his bonus structure is a $1.5 million "Stay Bonus" if he stays at Michigan after three years.
- Michigan's top QB prospect for the 2012 class, Zeke Pike, was on campus to visit with the coaches and watch practice on Tuesday. Here is what Zeke had to say: I think the coaches they have are the perfect coaches to get Michigan back to Michigan. I think Coach Hoke is doing a very good job with bringing tradition back. There was so much fire, intensity, and energy at practice. It just looks like there's a lot of competition on the field and you need that to be great. I think the right coaches are in place and that's exciting. I think it's a great opportunity to be that next guy at Michigan. It's a program on a national stage, when you say Michigan football people turn their heads. I'm excited to continue to build the relationships.
- Here are some pictures from the practice.
- Clayton, OH ILB Kaleb Ringer will announce his decision on April 15. Many expect him to pick the Wolverines.
- TomVH gives us a scouting report on new Michigan verbal Caleb Stacey.
- Urban Meyer was at Michigan's practice yesterday working for ESPN.
- One of the biggest mysteries from the Rich Rodriguez time at Michigan was how he was handling the RBs. Practice reports were that Michael Cox might be one of Michigan's best athletes. Yesterday, with the media at practice, Michael was running with the No. 1s. He would seem a perfect fix for Al Borges' offense.
- Speaking of RR, he will be on HBO's Real Sports tonight.