
Browns GM John Dorsey: Team Has No 'Legit' Trade Offers for No. 1 Draft Pick
Cleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey said on Wednesday on the eve of the 2018 NFL draft that he has yet to receive a "legit" trade offer for the No. 1 overall pick, according to NFL Network's Steve Wyche (h/t Ian Rapoport).
Rapoport added that since it is unlikely to change, the Browns are in line to make the first pick of the 2018 draft Thursday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Last week, Dorsey said he was open to offers for the No. 1 overall pick and was willing to listen, per Patrick Maks of the team's official website.
In addition to No. 1, the Browns own the No. 4 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft by virtue of a trade with the Houston Texans last year.
Cleveland is widely expected to take a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick should it decide against making a trade.
The Browns have long sought a franchise quarterback, and while they now have a solid placeholder after acquiring Tyrod Taylor from the Buffalo Bills, a long-term answer is needed.
Since the New York Giants could use a quarterback at No. 2 and the New York Jets undeniably need one at No. 3, the smart money is on Cleveland going with a signal-caller first.
USC's Sam Darnold, UCLA's Josh Rosen, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen are seemingly all in the mix.
On Wednesday, Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reported that sources said the Browns are deciding between Mayfield and Allen.
If the Browns take a quarterback first, they will likely be able to land an elite prospect at another position with the fourth pick, such as Penn State running back Saquon Barkley or NC State defensive end Bradley Chubb.
In his latest NFL mock draft, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller predicted that the Browns will take Darnold No. 1 before selecting Barkley No. 4.
.png)
.jpg)








