World Football
HomeScoresTransfer RumorsUSWNTUSMNTPremier LeagueChampions LeagueLa LigaSerie ABundesligaMLSFIFA Club World Cup
Featured Video
Steelers got a LOT better this offseason
Ostersund's goalkeeper Aly Keita (C) remains on the ground after a masked soccer spectator (L) attacked him during a football match between Jonkoping Sodra and Ostersund in Jonkoping on August 15, 2016. / AFP / TT NEWS AGENCY / Mikael Fritzon / Sweden OUT        (Photo credit should read MIKAEL FRITZON/AFP/Getty Images)
Ostersund's goalkeeper Aly Keita (C) remains on the ground after a masked soccer spectator (L) attacked him during a football match between Jonkoping Sodra and Ostersund in Jonkoping on August 15, 2016. / AFP / TT NEWS AGENCY / Mikael Fritzon / Sweden OUT (Photo credit should read MIKAEL FRITZON/AFP/Getty Images)AFP/Getty Images

Swedish Allsvenskan Match Abandoned After Fan Attacks GK, Makes Bomb Threat

Rory MarsdenAug 16, 2016

A Swedish top-flight clash between Ostersunds and Jonkoping Sodra was abandoned on Monday after a hooded pitch invader attacked one of the goalkeepers and said he had left a bomb in the stands. 

Per Philip O'Connor of Reuters, a 17-year-old was arrested for the incident in which visiting Ostersund goalkeeper, Aly Keita, was "chased and knocked down before a security guard wrestled his attacker to the ground."

See below for footage of the incident:

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

O'Connor added that a search of the stadium revealed no evidence of the bomb the young culprit claimed had been left in the stands, while he also relayed comments from Jonkoping police commander Peter Nordengard: "He is under arrest, we have informed the prosecutor of the arrest and interviews will be conducted with him about the suspected breaches of the law."

Keita was seen to by medical personnel and led from the pitch as referee Jonas Eriksson abandoned the Allsvenskan match at 1-1 in the closing stages, per BBC Sport.

The 29-year-old goalkeeper said he had been struck in the temple by the pitch invader, and was clearly shaken by the incident, per BBC Sport: "I am shocked and angry. It is awful that something like this could happen."

A statement from the Swedish FA said the match will not be replayed and a decision will be made as to whether the result stands or Ostersunds are awarded a 3-0 win if hosts Jonkoping are found to be at fault for the incident, via O'Connor.

Ostersunds and Jonkoping Sodra are currently lying ninth and 10th, respectively, in the 16-team Allsvenskan having both played 17 matches so far in the 2016 season.

Steelers got a LOT better this offseason

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R