CFB
HomeScoresRecruitingHighlights
Featured Video
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥
Former Mississippi offensive lineman and top Miami Dolphins draft pick Laremy Tunsil, listens during a news conference, Friday, April 29, 2016 in Davie, Fla. Tunsil was selected 13th overall in the NFL draft Thursday night. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)
Former Mississippi offensive lineman and top Miami Dolphins draft pick Laremy Tunsil, listens during a news conference, Friday, April 29, 2016 in Davie, Fla. Tunsil was selected 13th overall in the NFL draft Thursday night. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)Lynne Sladky/Associated Press

Hugh Freeze Comments on Laremy Tunsil's Alleged Texts with Ole Miss' John Miller

Adam WellsMay 5, 2016

As more information about former Mississippi offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil's alleged social media hack before last week's NFL draft comes out, Rebels head coach Hugh Freeze has broken his silence about the situation. 

Speaking to the media Thursday, per Bleacher Report's Barrett Sallee, Freeze said he knows "nothing" about the information that came out last week. Freeze added he "was shocked living it in real time like everyone else."  

Per SalleeFreeze also said the Ole Miss administration has been working aggressively to resolve the situation.

TOP NEWS

Ohio State Team Doctor
2026 Florida Spring Football Game
College Football Playoff National Championship: Head Coaches News Conference

Per Daniel Paulling of the Clarion-Ledger, Freeze admitted that patience in a situation of this magnitude is more important than getting a quick answer:

"

I'm told we made a lot of progress, but the facts are always more important than speed in our public response, which are difficult for me sometimes because I want to respond. Our administration will continue to work with all the parties to get the answers and reach a conclusion as soon as possible, which we're hopeful that's coming quickly.

"

The big bombshell involving Tunsil and Mississippi last week involved an alleged text message conversation posted on Instagram in which he appears to be asking Ole Miss assistant athletic director for football operations John Miller for money, per Chelsea Gates of 120 Sports:

After being drafted by the Miami Dolphins with the 13th overall pick, Tunsil told reporters that he would "have to say yeah" when asked if he ever took money from a coach while playing for the Rebels, per Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger

The NCAA suspended Tunsil for seven games in 2015 for receiving impermissible benefits. 

After Tunsil's alleged Instagram hack occurred, Mississippi issued a statement that it would "aggressively investigate and fully cooperate with the NCAA and the SEC" during the investigation, per Paulling.  

Freeze went on to say that he is "not in the process of the fact-finding. I’ll be quick to defend us when we know the facts. I don’t at the present time," per Sallee.

Mississippi has become a prime destination for recruits since Freeze took over in 2012, including having the No. 6 class in 247Sports' 2016 composite rankings. The situation involving Tunsil has raised numerous red flags, with more potentially to come after last week's social-media fiasco. 

Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

TOP NEWS

Ohio State Team Doctor
2026 Florida Spring Football Game
College Football Playoff National Championship: Head Coaches News Conference
COLLEGE FOOTBALL: JAN 01 College Football Playoff Quarterfinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl Ole Miss vs Georgia

TRENDING ON B/R