
Johnny Manziel Issues Statement Regarding NFL Future
Despite an offseason filled with concerning off-field headlines, quarterback Johnny Manziel is still planning on doing what he can to play in 2016.
After Manziel's former agent Drew Rosenhaus terminated his relationship with the signal-caller Tuesday, per Adam Schefter of ESPN, the former Heisman Trophy winner issued a statement about his NFL future, per A.J. Perez of USA Today: "I'm hoping to take care of the issues in front of me right now so I can focus on what I have to do if I want to play in 2016. I also continue to be thankful to those who really know me and support me."
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Denise Michaels, a spokesperson for Manziel, also commented on the quarterback's plans moving forward, per Perez: "So many people only have one image of Jonathan, but, believe it or not, he takes all this very seriously. He's hoping that he can clear up his personal issues, start interviewing agents and see what he needs to do if he wants to play this year."
Before Rosenhaus dropped Manziel, he appeared on PFT Live with Mike Florio on Friday (via Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk) and expressed concern that "there hasn't been any movement toward getting help or seeking treatment" by the former Cleveland Brown.
Rosenhaus wasn't the first agent to drop Manziel as a client this offseason. Erik Burkhardt did the same in February, per ESPN.com, citing a lack of accountability on Manziel's part.
Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James dropped Manziel as a client from his marketing firm, LRMR, this offseason as well, per ESPN.com.
Manziel entered a treatment facility in January 2015, but this has been a troubling offseason for the former Texas A&M star. In February, his father, Paul Manziel, said he didn't think his son would last until his 24th birthday without proper help, per Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News.
The most concerning of Manziel's off-field issues this offseason was an alleged domestic violence incident involving his former girlfriend. Perez noted that "the Dallas County District Attorney announced it would present his assault case to a grand jury Thursday." Manziel could be looking at a year in jail and a $4,000 fine if indicted, per Perez.
Pat McManamon of ESPN.com chronicled Manziel's off-field issues from Jan. 30 to Feb. 6, including the alleged assault and that Paul Manziel attempted to have his son admitted to a psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital.
The Browns released Manziel in March.
Manziel made headlines again last week when he reportedly caused $32,000 in damage to a rental home in Los Angeles, per Emily Smith of Page Six, and he was seen at the music festival Coachella over the weekend. Smith cited a real estate broker who said there were drugs and alcohol present at the rental home.
On the field, the 2014 first-round pick appeared in 14 games for the Browns over the past two seasons and threw for 1,675 yards and seven touchdowns with seven interceptions. He was one of the most dynamic playmakers in college football when he was with the Aggies and won the Heisman Trophy in 2012, when he passed for 3,706 yards, rushed for 1,410 yards and accounted for 47 touchdowns.
He proved he has impressive talent in college, but he has yet to put things together in the NFL. If his latest statement is any indication, he will try to do just that, but he has plenty of baggage that will likely make teams shy away from signing him.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)