.jpg)
Rams' Sean McVay Not Ruling Out Possible Jalen Ramsey Trade Amid Dolphins Buzz
Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay isn't ruling out a potential reunion with Jalen Ramsey, who played for the team between the 2019-22 seasons.
"You would certainly never rule out the possibility of that..." he told reporters Tuesday. "There's a lot of layers that would need to be worked out with a player of his magnitude... but you would never eliminate the possibility of adding a total stud."
General manager Les Snead also confirmed on Tuesday that the Rams have held talks with the Miami Dolphins regarding the veteran cornerback.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉
.jpg)
2025 Draft Picks Ready For Leap 🐸

Jaguars' Hypothetical Alvin Kamara Trade Offer
"I've had discussions with Miami," he told reporters. "There's a lot of nuances to that situation based on all the things that come with the trade, contracts and things like that. So not sure where they're at in the process."
Last week, Dolphins' general manager Chris Grier confirmed that the Dolphins were looking to move Ramsey in a trade.
"Really after a couple weeks of discussions between ourselves internally and Jalen and his representation, we decided that it was probably in the best interest for all parties to move forward," he told reporters. "I will say these decisions aren't done quickly and they're not taken lightly because we spent a lot of time this offseason working through this, talking through things. At the end of the day, Jalen did not ask for a trade. We went through the process, and I just felt that after numerous conversations and then talking last week with Jalen and his agent, that it was best to move forward, and it was best interest of the Miami Dolphins and for Jalen Ramsey."
Grier did add that Ramsey hadn't requested the trade or asked for an adjustment to his salary. He'll be owed $21 million for the 2025 season by any team that acquires him (much of which comes in the form of an $18.9 million option bonus due in Week 1 of the NFL season) and is under contract through the 2028 campaign, with a cap hit of $25 million in 2026, $26.8 million in 2027 and $36.1 million in 2028.
The 30-year-old is a three-time first-team All-Pro, seven-time Pro Bowler and one-time champion, but whether he's one of the NFL's truly elite cornerbacks at this point in his career is up for debate. In Los Angeles, however, he would be an upgrade over the current group of corners, which includes Darious Williams, Ahkello Witherspoon, Emmanuel Forbes Jr. and Cobi Durant.
.jpg)
.jpg)






.png)

