
James Cook Contract Extension Not Expected 'Anytime Soon,' Bills GM Brandon Beane Says
Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane does not anticipate a James Cook contract extension "anytime soon."
"His reps put it out there that we did talk, I'm not reporting anything new," Cook said, per Bills Digest's Alex Brasky. "It didn't turn into anything as far as (agreeing to) a deal). We're on to the draft. I don't see us doing a deal anytime soon."
Cook had 207 carries last season, recording 1,009 yards and 16 touchdowns.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉
.jpg)
2025 Draft Picks Ready For Leap 🐸

Jaguars' Hypothetical Alvin Kamara Trade Offer
The 2023 second-round pick out of Georgia requested a hefty $15 million per year last month, a price that would make him the third-highest paid running back, behind Saquon Barkley and Christian McCaffrey.
The Bills have extended a handful of other players this offseason, including cornerback Christian Benford, defensive end Greg Rousseau and wide receiver Khalil Shakir, with the running back's asking price holding the team back despite wanting to re-sign him.
“I love Jimbo (James Cook). Proud of his success just like these other guys that we got extended,” Beane told reporters. "... Just because we don’t have James signed today doesn’t mean next year we still can’t get him done before he gets to free agency."
The running back is scheduled to hit free agency in 2026; however, the Bills have the option of using the franchise tag to keep him.
Cook has accumulated $4.256 million over three seasons which is scheduled to be paid a $5.271 million base salary in 2025, per Pro Football Talk's Charean Williams. With two 1,000-yard seasons and two Pro Bowls under his belt at 25 years old, the asking price is warranted.
Any contract negotiations will be halted until at least after the 2025 NFL Draft, per Beane, which is scheduled for April 24-26, where the Bills hold the No. 30 overall pick.
.jpg)
.jpg)






.png)

