
Micah Parsons Talks 49ers' Offseason Amid Brock Purdy Rumors: 'Welcome to Reality!'
The San Francisco 49ers have been unloading veteran players since the start of NFL free agency as they face the likelihood of a big-money extension for quarterback Brock Purdy, and a rival player trolled them on Tuesday.
After the 49ers released defensive end Leonard Floyd, Dallas Cowboys star Micah Parsons called them out for their dilemma regarding Purdy's extension:
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉
.jpg)
2025 Draft Picks Ready For Leap 🐸

Jaguars' Hypothetical Alvin Kamara Trade Offer
In addition to releasing Floyd, the 49ers also plan to release defensive tackle Javon Hargrave, fullback Kyle Juszczyk and defensive tackle Maliek Collins. Star receiver Deebo Samuel was also traded to the Washington Commanders. ESPN's Nick Wagoner pointed out that San Francisco has now incurred around $85 million in dead money on the 2025 salary cap, which is a necessary move to make room for future deals.
Despite emerging as one of the top young quarterbacks in the league after being selected with the last pick in the 2022 NFL draft, Purdy has been playing on his rookie contract and is scheduled to make just $5.3 million in the final year of his deal in 2025.
While speaking to reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine last month, 49ers general manager John Lynch said the team had started negotiations with Purdy for a possible extension, but he added that "there's no guarantees we'll get something done."
It sounds like there hasn't been much progress between the two sides, as Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer said during an appearance on The Rich Eisen Show that he believes "the 49ers would like to keep it in the $40s and Purdy's camp would like it in the $50s."
"I think that the fact that they weren't able to get some traction early shows that there's a little bit of a divide between the sides right now," Breer added. "It's going to take some time to get through this."
.jpg)
.jpg)






.png)

