
Aaron Glenn: Jets Parting with Aaron Rodgers 'Upset' Some Players; Goal Is to 'Win'
Earlier this month, the New York Jets decided to part ways with veteran quarterback Aaron Rodgers after another season of struggle.
The move seemed to be one that was months in the making, but it still "upset" some players, new head coach Aaron Glenn said Tuesday. Star defensive tackle Quinnen Williams was vocal in his disagreement with the move, posting a thumbs-down emoji on social media after the decision was reported, ESPN's Rich Cimini noted.
Glenn addressed Williams and the reaction from the locker room about parting ways with Rodgers, saying his ultimate goal is to win.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉
.jpg)
2025 Draft Picks Ready For Leap 🐸

Jaguars' Hypothetical Alvin Kamara Trade Offer
"Yes, I have talked to him," Glenn told reporters at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. "And listen, I understand the reaction of the players, but I'll say this: Every decision that me and [general manager Darren Mougey] make is to win and to win now.
"So, I understand it, but again: Listen, this is not going to be the last decision I make that's going to upset some people, and that's OK. But as men, we talk about it. We make sure we keep it in-house, and that's what we're going to continue to do."
Rodgers, 41, threw for 3,897 passing yards, 28 touchdowns and 11 interceptions and had a 90.5 passer rating, the worst ever for him in a full season. Amid Rodgers' struggles, the Jets finished 5-12.
Now, New York will usher in a new era with Glenn as head coach and a different quarterback under center. Who that quarterback will be remains to be seen.
.jpg)
.jpg)






.png)

