Gareth Bale 'Angry' at Tottenham Silence Claim, so Why Doesn't He Say Something?
Silence is golden, claims the old saying favoured by parents across the globe. Perhaps not if you are involved in the world of football and major transfers.
Gareth Bale has been irked by the claims of Andre Villas-Boas that the Tottenham Hotspur manager does not know what his star player thinks of his proposed move to Real Madrid because he hasn't said anything, reports Tom Hopkinson of the Sunday People.
The 24-year-old has been strongly linked with a world-record move to Real Madrid in one of the long-running transfer sagas of the summer.
The La Liga club have produced a number of officials and players to express their admiration in the player, including Zinedine Zidane and Iker Casillas as this Independent article reports.
Real also haven't allocated the No. 11 shirt vacated by Ricardo Carvalho at the end of last season to any other player, as Cyrus Engineer of the Sunday Express reported.
But Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has become concerned at Real's planned financing of the deal, as Jason Burt and Jeremy Wilson of the Daily Telegraph reported.
Earlier this month, Tottenham removed Bale's picture from their official Twitter feed @SpursOfficial as John Drayton of the Daily Mail reported.
But the player has not made an entry on his own Twitter feed @GarethBale11 since posting a picture of his birthday cake on July 18.
These are testing times for Tottenham supporters as they consider life without the man who has provided so many, if not all of their highlights in recent seasons.
But they have not heard anything from Bale with regard to his feelings about a move to Real Madrid.
On Thursday, Villas-Boas claimed he had no idea what Bale was thinking because the player had not said anything, as John Cross of the Daily Mirror reported.
"His mental state nobody knows, because the player doesn’t speak. The only thing that we are able to see is the player arriving in and out of the training ground.
"
Now, however, the Wales international has reportedly been angered by that comment. Tellingly, there are no actual comments from the player himself in Hopkinson's article.
The silence from Bale has reached a crescendo, and a tipping point must be nearing as the transfer window begins to close.
On Wednesday, Ian Gordon of The Sun reported that Bale had told Wales teammates he would never play for Spurs again. Surely an article like that would draw a comment from the player?
No.
On July 30, Bleacher Report featured columnist Karl Matchett wrote about the Bale transfer saga and whether the media really knew what was going on. Almost three weeks on, we still don't really know the answer.
The media has an obligation, enforced by sports editors, to ensure the latest on Bale is in the back pages, but it is a thankless task without words from the player himself.
Of course, there is a common thread here with the situation involving Wayne Rooney at Manchester United.
In the world of the football agent and 24-hour media, the whispered word is clearly the king.
But consider the other long-running transfer saga surrounding Luis Suarez, who does not seem to have stopped telling the world how he wants out of Liverpool this summer.
But after a summer of turmoil concerning the striker, Anfield manager Brendan Rodgers is now satisfied with how the situation has worked itself out, as Ben Smith of BBC Sport reported.
Perhaps the most insightful comments in the whole Bale saga came from former Spurs midfielder Jamie Redknapp, who is now an analyst for Sky Sports.
As Steve Stammers of the Daily Mirror noted, Redknapp has seen a change in Bale's demeanour since he used to visit the dressing room when his father, Harry, was manager of the club.
"I don’t mean it in a bad way, but Gareth wasn’t the liveliest character.
I’d take my son into the dressing room and he’d say hello to him. He was very quiet, not a big personality. He came alive on the pitch.
But now he feels he is ready to move. I have spoken to players at Tottenham. He has outgrown the club. His body language is different.
"
Even here, we are reliant on Bale's body language rather than actual words spoken.
There is an interesting parallel to Bale's silence, with Tottenham quietly building what appears to be a solid squad with Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Nacer Chadli and Etienne Capoue.
It would not be remiss to suggest that keeping Bale alongside the newcomers would see Spurs become a genuine force in the Premier League.
We may never know what the Welshman thinks of that. Or anything else for that matter.











.png)
.jpg)

