
Bradley Beal's Agent Downplays Suns Trade Rumors: 'There's Nothing We're Considering'
The agent for Phoenix Suns guard Bradley Beal reiterated that the three-time All-Star intends to enjoy the full privileges his no-trade clause affords.
"Brad worked really hard to earn a no-trade clause. We earned it and we have it—and it is really valuable," Mark Bartelstein told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Bobby Marks. "Does that mean that he would never, ever accept a trade? No. You always have an open mind and you always are willing to listen to things that you think might be great.
"But at this time, there's nothing we're considering. His entire energy and focus is on helping the Suns win. So all of this speculation that people keep writing about is really just people using their imagination."
Shelburne and Marks proceeded to report that "Beal not eliminating his no-trade clause is a deal-breaker in a trade" based on the interviews they've had with executives around the NBA.
Beal summed up the situation earlier this month when he said, "I hold the cards," after Phoenix's 109-99 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Jan. 6.
Suns president of basketball operations James Jones can devise all of the trade ideas he wants, whether it's for Jimmy Butler or anybody else, that include three, four, or even five teams. None of it may matter if Beal doesn't like where he's going in the deal.
Phoenix originally capitalized on the no-trade clause to acquire the 31-year-old when the Washington Wizards might've otherwise waited to see whether a better offer materialized elsewhere. Now, the shoe is on the other foot.
The Athletic's Fred Katz reported on Jan. 21 that Beal "would consider waiving his no-trade clause for the right destination," with going to a winning team his "first priority."
Unfortunately for the Suns, it's tough to picture which contender will step up to the plate before the Feb. 6 trade deadline or at any point in the foreseeable future.

.png)







.jpg)
