NCAA Basketball Top 25: Week 4 Rankings...Top Scorers
NCAA Basketball Top 25 according to the Associated Press (AP) as of Week 4 (ranked on Nov. 28).
This slideshow counts down the order while highlighting each team's top scorer.
Records are as of end of Wednesday, Dec. 1 play.
A handful of ranking changes will occur in the next poll, based on play this week. Georgetown will be ranked higher thanks to their victory over Missouri, who will drop. Florida and Minnesota will also fall, thanks to losses to unranked teams.
The next poll will be released Dec. 5.
Big East - 6
Big 12 - 5
Big Ten - 5
Mountain West - 3
SEC - 3
ACC - 1
Pac-10 - 1
Conference USA - 1
Photo: Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski and Kyle Singler (Sr, F)
Follow NCAA Basketball all season long at Bleacher Report's CBB Site
25. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-0, Big East)
Ben Hansbrough (Sr, G) and Tim Abromaitis (Sr, F) are the top two scorers for Notre Dame, averaging 15.8 and 15.6 PPG, respectively.
24. UNLV Rebels (7-0, Mountain West)
Chace Stanback (Jr, G-F) leads the Runnin' Rebels offense with 17.2 PPG.
23. Washington Huskies (4-2, Pac-10)
Isaiah Thomas (Jr, G) and Matthew Bryan-Amaning (Sr, F) score 14.8 and 14.3 a game.
22. Purdue Boilermakers (6-1, Big Ten)
E'Twaun Moore (Sr, G) sinks a big-time 20.8 PPG.
21. Brigham Young Cougars (7-0, Mountain West)
Jimmer Fredette (Sr, G) scores a huge 24.8 PPG.
20. Illinois Fighting Illini (7-1, Big Ten)
Demetri McCamey (Sr, G) takes it to the hoop for 15.3 a game.
19. Texas Longhorns (6-1, Big 12)
Jordan Hamilton (So, G-F) leads the Longhorns with 22.7 PPG.
18. Florida Gators (5-2, SEC)
Kenny Boynton (So, G) muscles in 15.3 per game.
17. San Diego State Aztecs (7-0, Mountain West)
Kawhi Leonard (So, F) knocks in 18 a game.
16. Georgetown Hoyas (7-0, Big East)
Austin Freeman (Sr, G) drops 21.7 per game for the Hoyas.
Check out Freeman's heroics in the best game of the year so far in a recap of the Hoyas' thrilling overtime victory over the Mizzou Tigers: Georgetown Wins OT Thriller Over Missouri in Best NCAA Game of Young Season.
15. Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-1, Big Ten)
Devoe Joseph (Jr, G) gets 16 a game for the Gophers. Blake Hoffarber (Sr, G) throws in another 15.6.
14. Memphis Tigers (6-0, Conference USA)
Wesley Witherspoon (Jr, G-F) averages 15.4 points per game.
13. Tennessee Volunteers (6-0, SEC)
Tobias Harris (Fr, F) scores 16.7 per game for the Volunteers. Scott Hopson (Jr, G) scores 16.3.
12. Villanova Wildcats (5-1, Big East)
Corey Fisher (Sr, G) drops 15.8 PPG.
11. Baylor Bears (5-0, Big 12)
LaceDarius Dunn (Sr, G) nets a big-time 22 per game.
10. Kentucky Wildcats (5-1, SEC)
Flashy freshman forward Terrence Jones scores a solid 20.7 PPG.
9. Missouri Tigers (5-1, Big 12)
Marcus Denmon (Jr, G) averages 16 PPG.
8. Syracuse Orange (7-0, Big East)
The 6'7'' Kris Joseph (Jr, F) slams home 14.6 a game.
7. Connecticut Huskies (6-0, Big East)
Kemba Walker (Jr, G) is tops in the Top 25 at 30 PPG.
6. Michigan State Spartans (5-1, Big Ten)
Kalin Lucas (Sr, G) leads the Spartans with 17.5 a game.
5. Kansas State Wildcats (6-1, Big 12)
The third team of Wildcats in the Top 25 is led by Jacob Pullen (Sr, G) with 16 PPG.
4. Kansas Jayhawks (6-0, Big 12)
Junior forward Marcus Morris (6'8'') scores 19 a game for the Jayhawks.
3. Pittsburgh Panthers (8-0, Big East)
Ashton Gibbs (Jr, G) averages a solid 18.1 per game.
2. Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0, Big Ten)
David Lighty (Sr, G-F) puts in 14.7 per game. His teammate Jared Sullinger (Fr, F) adds another 14.5.
1. Duke Blue Devils (7-0, ACC)
Here we go again.
Nolan Smith (Sr, G) scores the most for the reigning champs: 16.8 per game. Fellow senior Kyle Singler (F) throws in another 16.2.