Here are some notes:
- The Yankees were down 3-1 and a pair of solo shots by Robinson Cano and Jorge Posada tied the game at three.
- Then down 4-3 Nick Swisher homered to tie it at four.
- Swisher then ended the game in walk-off fashion with a single to right in the 9th inning.
- Before the game the Yankees recalled 1B/DH Juan Miranda from Triple-A Scranton and sent IF/OF Kevin Russo down in his place.
- Alfredo Aceves is once again putting off surgery for his back and will try to play catch this weekend.
- Sergio Mitre was expected to join the team after the All-Star break, but hasn’t yet and there has been no word on exactly when he will be joining them. He has a side session scheduled for today.
- Nick Johnson has begun exercising his injured wrist, but has not started taking batting practice.
- In honor of “The Boss” George Steinbrenner, TBS is planning on playing all of the Seinfeld episodes that Larry David appeared in as the Yankees late owner.
What a game last night, huh?
That game certainly had the feeling of a game that the Yankees were going to win no matter what.
Three home runs, it makes you think that The Ghost of the Boss might be helping the Yankees out from here on…if you believe in that kind of stuff.
- May 19, 2010 -- The Yankees Long List of Injuries, Updated (2)
- June 3, 2010 -- Jorge Posada’s Career Will Never Be The Same Again (12)
- March 5, 2010 -- If Your Favorite Yankee Was a Beer He Would Be… (5)
- July 5, 2010 -- Yankees Notes: Recap, Thames, Hughes, Posada, All-Stars (0)