
Josh Hart, Mitchell Robinson Reportedly Out for Knicks' Opener vs. Cavs with Injuries
The New York Knicks reportedly will be without a pair of key players during Wednesday's season opener against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Per ESPN's Shams Charania, shooting guard Josh Hart and center Mitchell Robinson will not suit up for New York against the Cavs.
Hart's absence from the Knicks' season opener doesn't come as much of a surprise since he's been dealing with a back injury he suffered earlier this month. His designation on New York's injury report notes that he is out with lumbar spasms.
New head coach Mike Brown said Tuesday that the Knicks won't rush Hart back to the court.
"We're trying to figure out his back, which is a tricky situation," Brown told reporters. "We have to be careful with it, we don't want to rush him. We'll be patient and figure it out as we go along. [Knicks head trainer Casey Smith] and those guys do a great job, and we believe in them so we're going to follow their plan."
Hart has been durable over the last three years, playing 76 or more games in each of the past three seasons. He put up 13.6 points, 9.6 rebounds and 5.9 assists for New York last year.
Robinson's absence from the Knicks' season-opener is part of an effort to keep the big man healthy throughout the season. SNY's Ian Begley reported last week that the team plans to manage his minutes due to his injury history.
"Really it's load management, which means that if we deemed it necessary, could he possibly go, yeah," Brown told reporters. "But it's a decision that myself, led by [Casey Smith] whose in charge of performance on a daily basis. It will be like this the whole year."
Robinson has played just 48 total games over the past two seasons because of various injuries, including an ankle injury that required surgery. Last season, he played just 17 games, putting up 4.1 points and 5.9 boards per game.









