UFC 178 is now in the books.
Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson defended his title in style, submission an overmatched Chris Cariaso via submission midway through Round 2.
In the co-main event of the evening, Donald Cerrone provided a rude UFC welcoming for Eddie Alvarez, debilitating him with leg-kick enroute to a unanimous decision victory in what was a superb fight.
The other big winner from UFC 178 was Dominick Cruz, who returned to action triumphantly after a three-year layoff, knocking out Takeya Mizugaki in 1:01.
For a complete recap of the event check out the quick results below:
UFC 178 Main Card
- Demetrious Johnson def. Chris Cariaso, submission (Round 2, 2:29)
- Donald Cerrone def. Eddie Alvarez, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Conor McGregor def. Dustin Poirier, TKO (Round 1, 1:46)
- Yoel Romero def. Tim Kennedy, TKO (Round 3, 0:58)
- Cat Zingano def. Amanda Nunes, TKO (Round 3, 1:21)
Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Dominick Cruz def. Takeya Mizugaki, TKO (Round 1, 1:01)
- Jorge Masvidal def. James Krause, unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Stephen Thompson def. Patrick Cote, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Brian Ebersole def. John Howard, split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
UFC Fight Pass Prelims
- Kevin Lee def. Jon Tuck, unanimous decision (30-26,30-26, 30-26)
- Manny Gamburyan def. Cody Gibson, submission (Round 2, 4:56)
For a more thorough account of UFC 178 scroll down to read Bleacher Report's play-byplay coverage.