
Venus Williams' SUV from Fatal Accident Subject to Emergency Search Order
A Florida judge granted an emergency motion Friday allowing for a search of the vehicle American tennis player Venus Williams was driving during a fatal car accident last month.
The ruling against Williams, who's in London taking part in the 2017 Wimbledon Championships, was obtained by Bleacher Report via Tony Marco of CNN. Gary Iscoy, an attorney for the family of the victim Jerome Barson, also provided a statement about the decision.
"They are pleased the evidence will be properly examined and preserved and it will prove that Miss Williams is at fault," he said.
On Thursday, Ben Ashford of DailyMail.com reported the 37-year-old California native received a separate court ruling to halt examination both cars involved in the crash. According to Ashford, Williams worried "critical evidence could be lost" if the vehicles were examined without the court outlining the necessary procedures.
Jill Martin and Chloe Melas of CNN noted a police report filed in Palm Beach Gardens listed Williams as responsible for the June 9 crash that caused several injuries to Barson, a 78-year-old passenger who died on June 22, and his wife, Linda, who was driving their vehicle. His family has since filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
The five-time Wimbledon champion has continued to participate in the season's third Grand Slam event while the investigation continues in the United States.
She broke down after being asked about the incident during a press conference Monday, per Bryan Armen Graham of the Guardian.
"There are really no words to describe, like, how devastating and—yeah. I'm completely speechless. It's just—yeah, I mean, I'm just …," Williams said before leaving the interview room for a short time.
The No. 10 seed earned a straight-sets victory over Naomi Osaka during third-round action Friday.
She'll return to the grass courts of the All England Club on Monday to face Ana Konjuh, with a spot in the quarterfinals on the line.




.jpg)

.png)




.jpg)
