Ray Lewis III Indicted on Sexual Conduct Charge: Latest Details and Comments

Scott Polacek@@ScottPolacekFeatured ColumnistAugust 18, 2016

FILE - In this Feb. 6, 2013, file photo, Ray Anthony Lewis III, left, and his father, former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis Jr., chat after his national signing day ceremony in the Lake Mary Prep auditorium in Lake Mary, Fla. Lewis III, a Coastal Carolina defensive back, is charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct. An arrest warrant issued Friday, April 29, 2016, said the charge stems from a Jan. 23 incident at a Conway, S.C., apartment and alleges 20-year-old Lewis engaged in sex with an 18-year-old woman incapacitated from using drugs or alcohol. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack, File)
Phelan M. Ebenhack/Associated Press

Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis’ son was reportedly “indicted on a charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct by a South Carolina grand jury,” per Tim Prudente of the Baltimore Sun

Prudente cited Conway City Police, who said Ray Anthony Lewis III “is accused of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman while knowing she was under the influence.”

He was indicted on Aug. 11.

According to WPDE.com, police responded to the report of a sexual assault on Jan. 23, and a rape kit was performed. WPDE.com cited a police report that said the case was reviewed and police were eventually told to seek an arrest warrant for Lewis III.

Emily Weaver of the Sun News reported Lewis III was released on $10,000 bond after he turned himself into the police.

Lewis III initially chose to play college football at the University of Miami as a cornerback, which is where his father played before his NFL Career. However, Lewis III transferred to Coastal Carolina in 2015.

The WPDE.com report included a statement from a Coastal Carolina spokeswoman that said Lewis III was suspended from the football team following the incident. Darin Gantt of Pro Football Talk said Lewis III played in 12 games last year before the indefinite suspension.

Related

    Seahawks Cut WR Doug Baldwin

    2-time Pro Bowl WR's career could be over after Seattle failed his physical

    NFL logo
    NFL

    Seahawks Cut WR Doug Baldwin

    2-time Pro Bowl WR's career could be over after Seattle failed his physical

    Kyle Newport
    via Bleacher Report

    The QB Controversy No One Wants to Talk About

    NFL logo
    NFL

    The QB Controversy No One Wants to Talk About

    Mike Tanier
    via Bleacher Report

    Telvin Smith Announces He Will 'Not Play Football' in 2019

    NFL logo
    NFL

    Telvin Smith Announces He Will 'Not Play Football' in 2019

    Adam Wells
    via Bleacher Report

    Grab the New B/R Hoodie 🔥

    NFL logo
    NFL

    Grab the New B/R Hoodie 🔥

    B/R SHOP
    via B/R SHOP