
Tyrod Taylor Trade Rumors: Latest News, Buzz, Speculation Surrounding Bills QB
Tyrod Taylor had a breakthrough season in 2015, as he was named to the Pro Bowl in his first campaign as a starting quarterback with the Buffalo Bills. That showing has reportedly generated some interest from other teams.
Continue for updates.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Whaley Comments on Taylor Rumors
Wednesday, April 20
"My phone has not rung on [Tyrod] Taylor," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said, per Mike Rodak of ESPN.
"Tyrod's our starter," Whaley added, per Sal Capaccio of WGR 550. "Tyrod's the guy we're going into the season with."
Broncos Reportedly Showed Interest in Acquiring Taylor
Thursday, April 7
According to Benjamin Allbright of AM 1340 in Denver, the Broncos have inquired about what it would take to pry Taylor away from the Bills in a trade.
Taylor's Agent Comments on Client's Play
Thursday, April 7
"The Bills didn't go the playoffs last year because of discipline and the defense. TT was exceptional," Taylor's agent, Adisa Bakari, said, per SiriusXM NFL Radio.
Taylor Was Bright Spot in Bills' Season
While the Bills once again missed the playoffs in 2015 with a record of 8-8, Taylor was a revelation. The 26-year-old Virginia Tech product went 8-6 and racked up 3,600 total yards, 24 total touchdowns and just six interceptions.
Despite Taylor's fantastic showing, Whaley is taking a wait-and-see approach with regard to his long-term viability as Buffalo's starter, per NFL.com's Kevin Patra:
"We want him to be, he wants to be, and time will tell. But we're excited about what he did last year—he went 8-6 as a starter. There is a lot of excitement around our football team...
I'll tell you this, I know he's a big competitor and he's going to want to raise his level of his game next year and take the next step and we are excited and we're going to try to give him as much ammunition around him for him to succeed.
"
Taylor believes he is up to the task but also realizes the Bills' decision of whether to sign him to a long-term deal is out of his hands to some degree, per David Teel of the Daily Press:
"I definitely think I showed what I can do, and I definitely think that I showed that I'm going to continue to get better. I improved each game. ... I would love to be the long-term answer but ... I understand the business side of it. If something happens [with the contract] this year, I'm happy for it, but if not, we'll wait it out and see what happens.
"
Taylor has a cap hit of just over $1 million this season, according to Spotrac.com, which is a major bargain, considering what he accomplished in 2015.
It is extremely unlikely Buffalo will consider making any type of move regarding Taylor ahead of the 2016 season.
He is their unquestioned starter, and if he manages to turn in a performance that is equal to or better than what he did in 2015, one can only assume that the Bills will do everything possible to keep him in the fold for many years to come.
Follow @MikeChiari on Twitter.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)